Scentbird Perfume Subscription Review


Finding that perfect perfume can be tricky...sometimes you can smell a sample in a magazine or spritz a little on your wrist while browsing in the store and think you love it, only to purchase a bottle and realize that it actually gives you a headache. Or it's so sweet it starts to make you feel sick after you've worn it a few times. Wouldn't it be great to take home a sample large enough to use for an entire month to make sure you love it? 
Enter Scentbird, a perfume subscription service that allows you to choose from 350+ designer fragrances and take home a 30-day sample for only $14.95 a month.  
Here's how it works:

1. Sign up at Scentbird.com, take the quiz and get personal recommendations.
2. Choose your perfume.  You can go with one of the suggestions based on your quiz answers, or just choose one that you've been dying to try.
3. Get a generous .27oz spray in a luxury case (each subsequent month, you'll get a refill for your case).

With Scentbird, you don't just get a typical sample in a glass vial...it comes housed in a beautiful, sleek black case that reminds me of a large lipstick tube.  To open it, you just twist the tube in the middle and the spray nozzle pops up from the top.  When you're ready to dispose of one sample and get the next one, just pull the perfume vial out of the top of the case and pop a new one in!  It also comes in a soft, black velvet bag to store it in...the packaging is just so luxurious, I love it!


The sample I chose was Versace Crystal Noir. I read somewhere that one of the main notes in it was coconut (and I love anything with coconut!).  I had never smelled it before and once I got it home, I wasn't sure about it initially, but it's actually grown on me. After wearing it around for a few days, I've decided it's definitely a night time scent- dark, spicy and a little sweet. I love that I've been able to really give this scent a chance by wearing it a while and figuring out how (or if) it fits in to my life. Plus, I've been able to get lots of opinions, from my husband, friends, and family.
Below, I wanted to show how large this sample is compared to the "typical" perfume sample.  You're getting a little over a quarter of an ounce with this (.27oz) , while most perfume samples are only .05oz.
Overall, I love Scentbird!  I think it's a great way to not just sample, but really try a new perfume. For $14.95 per month, it's an inexpensive way to wear the latest designer fragrances and to find your perfect signature scent.  

What do you think?  Have you tried Scentbird, or are you thinking of trying it out?  


No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig