Memebox Thanksgiving Box Collection #2 Review

I'm really behind on my latest Memebox review!  It was sitting on my doorstep on Christmas Eve when I got home late from my in-laws and then we were travelling all over between different family get-togethers so things have been hectic the past few weeks.  
This is actually the Thanksgiving Edition, and while the holidays are now behind us, I just have to say...this is my favorite Memebox to date!  
The idea behind the Thanksgiving box was really cute...there was a box "for me" and "for you", the idea being to keep the "for me" box and gift the "for you" box to a friend or family member over the holidays.  I got the "for you" box to try and it's packed with some really innovative and unique Korean beauty products...take a look!
When you open the box, there's a really nice sentiment, thanking the person for being beautiful and making the world a better place.
They included the standard card (which is a lifesaver) that explains all of the products since they're mostly in Korean.



The first product was Peripera Heart Glow Stick in 02 Gold Aura, $16.  This is a creamy highlighter in a stick reminiscent of Benefit's Watts Up! but at a much nicer price.  The color is actually like a cream version of my beloved Mary Lou-manizer from The Balm so this was a really great surprise!  The packaging is also adorable!

Peripera Heart Glow Stick in Gold Aura 02
Next, I received two Pure Smile Sheet Masks, $2 each.  I've gotten these in other Memeboxes and have been really impressed with them.  These contain Milk proteins which I'm excited about because milk is a natural mild exfoliant and leaves your skin glowing.  I had received the chocolate milk version in a previous Chocolate-themed box and it was fantastic.  This time I got Strawberry Milk and Regular Milk.
Vivito Painting Sweet Lip Balm $24, was the biggest surprise of the box because this clear Jello-like lip balm is actually an incredible lip stain!  I received the shade Grape Farm and when I opened it I noticed that it smelled like Grape Bazooka bubble gum and it was so crystal clear, you could see down to the bottom of the metal tin it comes in...
So I swiped my finger into it and rubbed it onto my lips without using a mirror, then continued to take photos for my review.  To my surprise, I looked in the mirror a few minutes later and saw...
...that it had stained my lips a bright raspberry shade!  This was a total surprise (a good one) so in addition to being super moisturizing, this balm left my lips stained like this until the following morning! My lips were never dry, in fact, just the opposite. I also love that this stain is more transparent rather than opaque.  It looks like I just ate a popsicle and rather than covered my lips with a product. I'm in love with this stuff, but apparently so is everyone else- it's sold out on the Memebox website currently.
The next product was Saracen's Flourescent Glitter, $6.  This hexagonal loose glitter is meant to be sprinkled onto your nails while your polish is still damp, then sealed in with a clear topcoat.  It's cute, but I feel like I could just go get hexagonal glitter at any craft store.

Next is another product by Vivito.  This is my first time trying products from this brand and there were two of them in the same box.  Since I loved the lip balm so much, I had a feeling I'd like this too.  Illust Lumiere Primer is pricey at $50 but I love how lightweight, yet hydrating it is!  It contains "elastic smoothing powder" to control excess sebum and oil while covering pores and fine lines.
It starts out white with a pearly effect that helps to brighten the skin and make it look less dull. Once completely blended, it's clear with no white cast.

Shara Shara White Bear Miracle Multi Cream $18, can be used to hydrate the skin, hair, and nails and contains 30 different kinds of plant oils.
The packaging says "cream" but it's actually like a solid oil balm.  It has a beautiful, sweet lemony citrus scent (reminds me of Burt's Bees cuticle cream) and it melts upon contact with the skin into a light oil.
I used it on my hands, knees and elbows last night and woke up with wonderfully smooth skin with no more flaky dry patches.  The idea behind this reminds me of Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream- it can be used anywhere on the body and it has that thick balm-like texture. I definitely need this in my life this winter...my skin is as dry as ever!
This Shara Shara Brush set, $24 comes in a plastic roll case that feels pretty cheap to me and the brushes inside aren't the greatest quality either.  It's a cute little travel set, but I feel like my $1 Elf brushes do the trick so I won't likely use this much.


Finally, I got a With Shyan nail polish, $4 in a beautiful florescent pink.  Right away, I painted my nails with it because it made me think of Spring and warm weather (it's been in the single digits here in CT so I needed a pick-me-up).  I'm really impressed with this formula...one coat almost completely covered my nails with no streakiness.  I added a second coat for good measure and it's completely opaque and bright.  I love it!
Overall, this box cost $26 and contained $146 worth of products!  I love almost everything in this box and found some really cool innovative products to love, my favorites being the Vivito Jelly lip balm, Peripera highlighting stick, Vivito Primer, and Shara Shara Multi-Cream.
If you haven't tried Memebox yet, head on over to the Memebox website!  They have tons of amazing themed boxes to try (no subscription necessary) as well as an entire shop full of single products from Korea's hottest brands! They now have a USA Shop with a warehouse in San Francisco so there's no more waiting for shipping either!

So what did you think of this Thanksgiving edition box?

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig