Makeup Revolution Iconic Dreams Palette Review and Swatches

Makeup Revolution Iconic Dreams Palette ($6.32) is the newest in the Iconic Collection. I reviewed Iconic 2 and Iconic 3 a while back and they were dupes for the Naked 2 and 3 palettes, but this new one doesn't seem to be a dupe for anything. I was just drawn to the shades, especially those greens! 
Like all Makeup Revolution products, this palette is ridiculously affordable as well as super high quality. The shades are pigmented, soft, and easy to blend. I noticed that one of the shades in this palette was prone to fallout- the dark charcoal green shade fourth from the end. The rest held together well and went on smoothly.
The case is well made and closes very securely. Even though it doesn't contain a mirror, I like the clear top because it makes it easy to identify this from all of my other palettes.



The shades are mostly shimmery but #1, #3, #11, and #12 are mattes. I can see why this palette is called "dreams" because it has a lot of soft, feminine shades that are mostly neutral but they're not the neutrals you see every day in a million different palettes. I love this combination, and I think it's going to be perfect heading into Valentine's Day and Spring.

The first four shades are light highlight colors. #1 and #3 are mattes, while #2 is a pretty champagne shimmer and #4 is a pinky nude shimmer (sorry about the goose bumps in my swatch photos...I took them outside and it was cold!)

The next three are bronze toned shades...#5 is a pinky bronze, #6 is a golden bronze, while #7 is a brown/orange based bronze. Finally, #8 is one of my favorites in the entire palette- it's an olive green with gold shimmer...so gorgeous!

Three of the last four shades are very dark. #9 is a very dark grayish green (this is the one with a lot of fallout I mentioned above), #10 is also one of my favorites, it's a beautiful smoky plum. #11 is a lilac/taupe shade that is matte and less pigmented than the others in the palette for some reason. It's still so pretty though! Finally, #12 is a matte plum brown that has tons of pigment and I can see myself using it a lot!

Overall, I can see myself using this palette quite a bit going forward. If you're looking for a neutral palette that offers up some shades that are a little different from the norm, you'll definitely want to check this out. You can't beat the price or the quality!
You can purchase this palette at Makeuprevolutionstore.com

1 comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig