L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paint Review and Swatches

L.A. Girl has been impressing the heck out of me lately...first there were the Beauty Bricks with their amazingly soft, pigmented formula, then their Pro Conceal HD concealer (which I've been testing for a few weeks and will review soon), and now with their Glazed Lip Paints.
 Glazed Lip Paint comes in 18 shades and are $4 each on the L.A. Girl website. I picked up some shades at Harmons and a few more at Rite Aid for $3.49 each, so it appears to be a little cheaper in the drugstores.
A lot of you have been wondering if these are Too Faced Melted dupes because the packaging looks very similar and they're both liquid lipsticks. I'll compare them a little further down in this post but first, I'll talk about the Glazed Lip Paint on its own.



They come in a squeeze tube with a slanted plastic applicator. The formula itself is like a liquid lipstick and a gloss mixed together so it has tons of shine and feels moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. The formula applies like a gloss but it looks opaque on your lips so you have to use precision when applying rather than just slicking it on like you would a sheer gloss.
I made quite a mess of my lips trying to apply it straight from the applicator so I ended up getting better results by either dabbing it on with a finger or using a lip brush.
Here are swatches of the shades I bought, both on my arm and on my lips below:
Left to Right:
Whisper, Elude, Peony, Whimsical, Babydoll, Bombshell, Blushing, and Pin-Up.

Whisper

Elude

Peony

Whimsical

Babydoll

Bombshell

Blushing

Pin-up

These have a minty taste/scent and actually remind me a lot of the OCC Lip Tars! I wasn't expecting that since all of the comparisons I've seen were to the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks. Like the Lip Tars, these are a super glossy liquid lipstick and they lasted several hours on me (darker shades lasted the longest).

The Too Faced Melted lipsticks definitely look similar on the outside but that's where the similarities end.
 The Too Faced Melted Lipsticks have a padded applicator that the product comes through when you squeeze the tube. That makes them very easy to apply straight from the tube and I like it much better than the Glazed Lip Paints.
However, the Melted's have a creamier, less shiny finish and felt drier on the lips. That's not to say my lips felt dry...at least not at first. But as the hours passed, it didn't feel as comfortable or moisturizing on my lips than the Glazed Lip Paints.
Below, I swatched the Glazed Lip Paints next to the Melted lipsticks. The shades were similar but not exact dupes.
Left to Right:
L.A. Whisper, T.F. Nude, L.A. Elude, T.F. Peony,
L.A. Bombshell, T.F. Fuchsia, L.A. Pin-Up, T.F. Berry
Overall, I am loving the Glazed Lip Paints! They have fantastic wear time, feel great on my dry lips, and provide intense lipstick-like color with the feel of a gloss. The only thing I wasn't crazy about is the applicator, as I found them a bit messy to apply but that was easy to fix by using my own brush or just my finger.
Have you tried Glazed Lip Paints yet? What do you think of the shades?

3 comments

  1. Aahh! Thank you for the great swatches! I've been wanting to try these but was unsure what shades to try. I'm loving elude, babydoll, and blushing. It's funny, I did see these at Harmons last week and Blushing looks a lot darker on the lips than I thought it would based on the tube. But I like it! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been loving these and I agree with you, they're almost more like OCC Lip Tars than the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks. Like the Lip Tars, I found these to be glossy yet long lasting and a mess to apply. But I love them anyway! I think everyone calls them a Melted dupe because the packaging looks close but I feel like the Melted lipsticks aren't as shiny and more creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 Shades, blushing, elude and seduce. And I love the colors and how nice they feel on my lips. But I did not find them to be very long lasting at all. About an hour and then they would fade. I have to give them that they Wear off pretty evenly and nice. Maybe it's because i sip a lot of Water during the day or maybe it's because my lips are not as dry, but they won't last on my lips.

    Loevens makeup rambles

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig