Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra Nourishing Argan Oil

Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil ($11.95 for 1oz. at Bed Bath and Beyond) is a 100% Argan Oil that could finally be a drugstore dupe of Josie Maran's Argan Oil!  At $48 for a 1.7oz bottle, Josie's version isn't cheap and I always wondered why anyone would shell out the big bucks for 100% argan oil anyway, when you get a bottle at health food stores for between $5 and $10 (or at places like Bulkapothecary.com, you can get a full 16 oz. of 100% pure argan oil for $27.89). Granted, you won't get the pretty packaging, but it's what's inside that counts right?
Still, I love the pretty bottle this comes in! It's nicer than Josie's, plus there was a $3 instant coupon on the package so I only paid $8.95 for it.  Not too bad!
The packaging lists all of the benefits of argan oil and how it can be used anywhere on the body.  I've used Josie Maran's oil in the past when I got free samples at Sephora and I used it as a night time moisurizer and on areas that needed extra moisture after showering like elbows, knees and cuticles.





Physicians Formula Ultra Nourishing Argan Oil comes in a glass bottle with a glass dropper (be careful, especially if you get some of the oil on the outside of the bottle...it becomes very slippery).

Even though this and Josie Maran's argan oil are 100% pure with no other ingredients, this one feels a little bit heavier and more moisturizing than Josie's. It takes several minutes to sink in to my skin and my face looks dewy for a while after that. For this reason I only use it at night and not under makeup because I feel like my makeup would just slide right off. When I wake up in the morning, my skin is just glowing and it feels so soft and smooth...like velvet! It's also completely unscented!
Overall, I think this is an excellent dupe for Josie Maran's Argan oil and I'll post this to my Dupes Board on Pinterest.  I love how hydrating it feels and it's the perfect thing to start using as we're heading into winter in the Northeast and my skin always dries out pretty badly.
Do you use argan oil?  Are you interested in trying this?

4 comments

  1. I always thought that Josie Maran has the ultimate racket going on. Put some argan oil (which is inexpensive) in a pretty bottle and charge almost $50 for it. It's not like she's added anything to it-its JUST argan oil which you can get cheaply at health food stores. I refuse to be suckered out of my hard earned money like that. This PF one is more reasonable. I wouldn't mind paying a little more to have it in a nice bottle, just not $50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this after reading your review and I love it! I was worried that it might be too heavy even for my dry skin, but I mix it with some of my Benton aloe gel and it sinks in nicely, leaving my skin feeling very soft without getting oily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a great idea! Mixing it with a lighter product would definitely cut the heaviness a bit. It's something I only wear at night because it takes a while to sink in and is hard to apply makeup over right away.

      Delete
  3. Hi. I plan to go buy some of this after reading your write-up...However, I'm a cheap skate! I wanted to see if I could find them super cheap and I did! Head on over to my site for the rebate link. http://momisajob2.com/mom-trategy.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig