New Nivea In-Shower Body Lotions

In-Shower body lotions are something I don't see too often, especially in the drugstore, but it's kind of an interesting concept.  I recently tried one by Lush called Ro's Argan Body Conditioner and it worked really well, but it was expensive ($32.95) and I didn't care for the rose scent.  Since then, I've been keeping an eye out for a similar type of product, and viola!  These just showed up at Target, Walgreens, and Drugstore.com...take a look!


The idea behind an in-shower lotion is that you smooth it on while you're still in the shower (after cleansing) and then rinse it off before you get out...just like hair conditioner. It soaks into the skin and eliminates the need to use a body lotion when you get out of the shower. Supposedly, applying it in the shower with all that moisture and steam helps it to penetrate better- kind of like how you've always been told to apply body lotion or oil while your skin is still damp...it helps to lock in the moisture.



These come in three formulas...Nourishing, Hydrating, and Smoothing.

Description: 
The first Skin Conditioner from Nivea®
This unique skin pampering In-Shower Body Lotion helps deeply moisturize the skin.  Result:  Promotes skin that is left feeling smooth and moisturized right after the shower.

Nourishing: 
  • Helps Moisturize Instantly
  • Promotes No Sticky Feel
  • For Very Dry Skin
  • Almond Oil
  • Helps Moisturize Instantly
  • Promtoes No Sticky Feel
  • For Normal to Dry Skin
  • Sea Minerals
Smoothing:
  • Helps Moisturize Instantly
  • Promotes No Sticky Feel
  • For Dry Skin
  • Shea Butter
What do you think of this idea?  Would you try an in-shower lotion or do you think it sounds strange? When I first tried the Lush one, I felt like I was washing half the product down the drain, but it really did work...my skin felt really soft and I didn't need a body lotion afterwards. I think I would definitely try these, but I'm curious as to what they smell like.

5 comments

  1. I wonder if you can use just regular lotion like this. I have so many little bbw lotions lying around maybe I will try it in the shower....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question...I'm not sure! I wonder if these in-shower formulas have extra oils in them that repel water and allow them to adhere to your skin without totally rinsing away. It'd be worth a try for sure! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see these in stores! I have KP so i need to have lotion to keep my skin soft but I hate putting it on after a shower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Molly! Me too, haha. I just saw these in Walgreens today!

      Delete
  3. i saw this a few days ago online and can not wait to try it!! i love oil of olay's but it is so so hard to find and i refuse to pay $30+ for lush's!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig