GLAMGLOW Supercleanse Mud to Foam Cleanser Review

On a recent Sephora birthday haul (thanks to my husband for the gift card!) I decided to try a few of the new Spring 2015 products. It was a bit of a risk since most of them didn't even have reviews yet, but I took the plunge anyway.  
One of the items I bought was from GLAMGLOW. They've just released a mud-to-foam cleanser called Supercleanse ($39) and I really wanted to try it since I've enjoyed the samples of their masks I've gotten in a few of my subscription boxes. Even though $39 is a bit steep for a cleanser I was intrigued by the thought of a mud mask that turns into a cleanser and figured it might be worth the money it does double duty. Let's take a look! 
I was surprised by how big the bottle was! It came in a cardboard cylinder that I thought was really nice, but kind of a waste of packaging since it's just getting thrown out anyway. When you open the cylinder, you're greeted by the words, "Hello Sexy" printed on the top part of the tube which made me laugh...it's a cute little touch.
The bottle itself has a pump top which is perfect...it keeps things neat and clean and dispenses just the right amount of product with one pump. Much easier than those jars!



Here, you can see how big the bottle is next to my Neutrogena Cleanser. The weird thing is, the GLAMGLOW is 5 oz. and the Neutrogena is 5.2 oz. so there must be extra packaging somewhere that's making this appear larger than it actually is.
When you first pump the Supercleanse out, it looks like mud...it's thick and black. It smells minty and a bit like eucalyptus.  It's a pleasant scent, not sinus-clearing or too strong, but perfect for waking you up in the morning.  Actually, that's when I prefer to use this since you can't use it on your eyes.  I remove my makeup at night so this is the perfect morning cleanser since I don't have any makeup to remove.
It spreads on dry skin very easily...much more so than the mask which tends to dry up really quickly. At this point, you can either leave it on as a mask for a few minutes, or start adding water.
 The packaging claims that when you add water, this turns into a foam, but I didn't really get any foam or suds from this. It did emulsify and felt like it was cleansing my face, but to say it foams is stretching it a bit.
As you continue to add water, the product thins out and eventually disappears altogether leaving you with bright, clean skin.
I am super impressed with Supercleanse and here's why...with this, you're basically getting a GLAMGLOW mask, without all the pieces of leaves in it, for $39 as opposed to $69 for the mask. Plus, the cleanser is 5 oz. while the mask is 1.2 oz.
This cleanser has ingredients that are very similar to their Supermud treatment.  Both contain Kaolin clay, Eucalyptus, Charcoal, and AHA's to chemically exfoliate.  Supermud also has a BHA and some additional AHA's as well as pieces of leaves, so I like to think of the cleanser as a gentler version of the Supermud. This is good news for those of you who found the Supermud to be too harsh or irritating.

Overall, this is a spa-like cleanser that really deep cleans and leaves my skin glowing and clear.  I've been using it three mornings a week and I haven't experienced irritation or breakouts from it at all.  I think it's a lot gentler and easier to use than the masks, so it's a great alternative at a better price!

What do you think?  Would you try Supercleanse?  Do you use any other GLAMGLOW products?

To purchase or to read more reviews (it currently has a 4.5 out of 5 rating!), please visit Sephora.com.

2 comments

  1. I saw your post about this on Instagram and came over to read about it and to check out your blog. I love your mix of luxury and drugstore products, there's something for everybody, plus you post about brands I've never heard of but now am dying to check out like Makeup Revolution! So needless to say I'm obsessed with reading your blog now. :) Anyway, I've really been wanting to try a GlamGlow mask and this looks like a cheaper way to do it so I think I'll try it, thanks for the great info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Kelli! That's so nice to hear. :) You made my day!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig