Maybelline Master Conceal Review and Swatches

Maybelline Master Conceal ($6.99 at Bed, Bath and Beyond) is a new concealer that was just released for Spring 2015.  I spotted them last week along with the new Master Prime primers (review here) and you should be seeing them in drugstores very soon if they're not there already. 
It comes in 5 shades and I was excited when I saw the Fair shade (all the way to the right, below) because based on the tube color, it looked like it's a peachy pink toned shade, which works better with my fair skin than yellow-based concealers.  Plus, my under eye circles tend to be blue-ish toned so I learned in a color theory class that orange (or peach) cancels blue since they're opposites on the color wheel. 

Master Conceal comes in a .4 oz. tube with a tapered tip for easier control. I like concealers that come in tubes like this rather than with an applicator because I tend to apply it with a Beauty Blender anyway and don't really use the applicator.


Here are the claims:

Master Conceal by Face Studio from Maybelline New York is a master concealer. Our formula camouflages imperfections and dark circles with ultra-resistant full coverage. Maximum conceal. No reveal.
  • Laser-thin camouflaging concealer
  • Ultra-concentrated formula plus no buildup
  • Camouflages flaws and dark circles with no telltale cover
  • Full coverage, undetectable finish

Ingredients: 
AQUA / WATER/EAU, DIMETHICONE,GLYCERIN,DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER,BUTYLENE GLYCOL,POLYGLYCERYL-3 DISILOXANE,DIMETHICONE,VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER,PHENOXYETHANOL,BORON NITRIDE,POLYACRYLAMIDE,AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM,POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE,C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN,CAPRYLYL GLYCOL,TETRASODIUM EDTA,CITRIC ACID,LAURETH-7, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE (F.I.L. D166413/3)

The texture is medium weight- it's not so thin that it's runny, but it's not thick and paste-like either.  It has no discernable scent and I found it easy to blend.

Master Conceal claims to have full coverage, but I feel like it's more medium-to-full.  I've used some truly full-coverage concealers that will even cover tattoos and this won't do that, so I can't say it's completely full coverage.  That said, it does cover quite a bit of under eye darkness, which was impressive because it spreads out very thin and almost undetectable.  You only need a tiny bit, a little goes a long way! I didn't have problems with it sinking into fine lines under my eyes and it felt comfortable and hydrating.
I found the Fair shade to lean peachy-orange rather than pink, which is great for hiding dark circles.


Overall, I really like the way this concealer covers without being heavy. It's also easy to build the coverage up because it's not thick or cakey. I'm not sure how it'll hold up on oily skin, but it stayed put on my dry skin without creasing or settling into my fine lines. I think this is a great choice if you're looking for a combination of medium-to-full coverage, blendability, and a lightweight texture that melts into the skin. 
Have you seen/tried this yet? 

3 comments

  1. I've been looking for a non-cakey concealer so I think I'll try this one. I don't need super full coverage, but I do have some dark circles and broken capillaries so I need a litte more than average concealers give. Its also so hard to find ones that don't make my lines look more noticeable. I just discovered your blog the other night and was reading for hours. Thanks for all the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiii girl! I found a blogger that shares my dry skin dilemma, drugstores are lacking for dry skin gals ( I suffer from hypo thyroid hashimoto's disease to be exact, it driiiies you all up) seems that almost all of the foundations and concealers are geared towards oily skinned dolls...major sigh! I have the visible lift blur foundation ( my dry skin loves it) and definitely want to try this concealer too, I'm lusting over Nars creamy concealer, but that LU$$$$$$T will hurt my wallet at 29 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Yelitza! I agree...Lately there have been tons of matte products coming out that are designed for oily skin. It's a big change from all the dewy collections a few years ago. I need to get myself tested for Hypothyroidism too...my Mom has it and after I had my baby, my dry skin got a lot worse! It's gotten to the point where nothing helps!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig