L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Nudes Review and Swatches

Ever since the L.A. Girl Beauty Bricks ($9 each) debuted in October, I've been dying to get my hands on a few. I finally bit the bullet on Cyber Monday when everything was on sale, and I picked up the Nudes and the Ultra palettes.  Today I'm going to just review the Nudes palette and show you some swatches! 

The Beauty Brick comes in a lightweight cardboard case and contains 12 eyeshadows, mirror, and double ended eyeshadow applicator (brush on one side, sponge tip on the other).  As soon as I opened this palette, I immediately thought of the Urban Decay Naked 3 because these are all beautiful rose-toned neutrals. I'll compare the two a little further down in this post, so keep reading for comparison swatches and to find out if this is a Naked 3 dupe!


The description on the L.A. Girl website says:
"Four gorgeous must-have eyeshadow palettes filled with a dozen majorly pigmented shades ranging from super wearable looks like Nudes to bolder looks likeNeons. L.A. Girl’s Beauty Brick Eyeshadow Collectiongives you the best of all colors to allow you to createstunning looks!
The variety of colors and textures in the Beauty Brick Eyeshadow Collection include shimmer and matte shades making these captivating palettes very versatile to go from an everyday look to a night out.

Each unique look is featured in its own luxurious glossy book with a double-ended brush and mirror inside.

-Dimensional shimmers
-Smoothest mattes
-Major pigments"

These eyeshadows are super soft and pigmented and didn't have a lot of fallout compared to the Naked palettes.  I love the variety of shades and textures.  This palette has mostly shimmers and a few matte shades.  I found the shimmers to be a little more buttery and easier to pick up than the mattes, but they were all really pigmented.

Here are the swatches:



Above, I mentioned that this reminded me of the Naked 3 palette, but I had no idea how much until I put them together! The shades are in a slightly different order and they don't all match, but there were so many similarities, I had to do comparison swatches.
Top: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
Bottom: L.A. Girl Beauty Brick
I tried to find the closest matches, but they don't all match perfectly.  Still, most of these are very close. Since the L.A. Girl palette doesn't have shade names, I've numbered them 1-12.
Nudes Palette #1 - Naked 3 Strange (both mattes)

Nudes Palette #2 - Urban Decay Limit (both mattes)

Nudes Palette #3 - Naked 3 Dust

Nudes Palette #4 - Naked 3 Nooner (both mattes)

Nudes Palette #5 - Naked 3 Dust

Nudes Palette #6 - Naked 3 Burnout

Nudes Palette #7 - Naked 3 Trick

Nudes Palette #8 - Naked 3 Liar
Nudes Palette #9 - Naked 3 Buzz

Nudes Palette #10 - Naked 3 Mugshot

Nudes Palette # 11 - Naked 3 Blackheart

Nudes Palette #12 - Naked 3 Factory

Overall, I am so excited over the L.A. Girl Beauty Brick in Nudes and I can't wait to try the other three! At only $9, it's a total steal and the pigmentation and buttery feel of these shadows rivals the higher-end palettes.
You can purchase the Beauty Bricks at the L.A. Girl Website  and I've also seen photos around Instagram of people spotting these at their local Harmon drugstore, so if you have one near you, definitely check it out!

10 comments

  1. When I see the swatches I think I prefer the LA Girl to UD Naked. A little less shimmer. I have been using the 2 Wet and Wild Naked 3 dupes but this palette seems easier to use plus it has 2 more shadows than the WNW ones do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! These definitely had less fallout than the UD ones as I was swatching them. :)

      Delete
  2. So glad you reviewed this! I've been curious since I saw the press release. How does this compare to the Coastal Scents Revealed palettes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee, I actually just bought the Coastal Scents Revealed 1 and 2 so I'm not sure yet...but I'll definitely do a comparison post soon! :)

      Delete
  3. Where do I buy LA Girl cosmetics? Is it only from their website or is there a store that sells their products? I can't seem to find a store that sells them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annelise! Right now, their website is the main place to purchase L.A. Girl. I've seen certain products such as their Glazed Lip Paints at Harmon drugstores, and people have told me they've seen the Beauty Bricks in some Harmon locations as well, but they don't have all of the products there...just select ones. Hopefully as their popularity grows, they'll start showing up in stores, because I'd much rather buy them in person (I'm too impatient for shipping)!

      Delete
    2. I have found LA Girl products at bargain prices online: Try style21.com or allcosmeticswholeasle.com. You can also try samsbeauty.com.

      Delete
  4. I hate the fact that it's overpriced in my country (philippines)! Almost $15! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys!! I live in Guam & I've recently purchased the L.A Girl Nudes palette & I absolutely love it! I also have had the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette & they almost are exact. But I prefer the Nudes palette because it's so handy whereas the Naked palette is reallyyyy pigmented. I bought my Naked palette online & for the Nudes palette.. I bought it here on island @ Sugar Cookie, Outrigger Plaza & it was $8. Amazing deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for making this !! I got this for my bestfriend for her birthday, and I didn't want to ruin it by swatching it myself so this helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig