Rimmel Show Off Matte Lip Velvet Spotted at CVS!

Rimmel Show Off Matte Lip Velvet ($6.79)  is a new lip product that I just spotted at CVS.  I posted photos to my Instagram page yesterday when I was at the store, but I wanted to talk a little bit about them and post some close-ups of the shades. I also purchased one, so a review will be coming soon!

At first glance, these looked just like the Show Off Lip Lacquers so I almost didn't look twice at this display, but I'm glad I did!  These remind me of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams.
The Claims:
"Up to 8 hours of weightless color"
"Earth-shattering intensity"
"Velvety smooth finish"

These have been out in the UK since this past summer, and they come in 5 shades. These only came in 4 shades in the UK:
Atomic Rose
Meteoric Matte
Orange-Ology
Burning Lava

Here in the US we got an additional shade called Apollo, which looks like a nude beige based on the tube.
It looks like there are more than that in this display but there are Show Off Lip Lacquers mixed in if you look closely at these photos. So when you go, be careful to pick up the matte ones...I almost bought the wrong type! An easy way to tell the difference, since the tubes look the same, is that the matte ones are Matte plastic and the lacquers are shiny plastic.


I purchased the one in the middle of the top photo called "Atomic Rose".  First impression-wise, I'll say that even though it's a rosy shade, it definitely has a little peach in it as well, because when I applied it to my lips, it looked more orange than I thought it would. I'll also just say that these are a LOT like the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and didn't dry out my lips despite having a dry, matte finish.  I'll do a full review soon, but here's a quick swatch- they're super pigmented, soft and very lightweight.  They disappear into your lips after a few minutes and you don't feel them.  I just have to wear it for a while and see how long it lasts.

Are you excited to try these, or not interested?  I'd love to hear what you think!


1 comment

  1. I'm excited to hear your thoughts, but admit that I'm disappointed that they are only featuring 5 shades. I am really into the matte lips this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig