Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick Review and Swatches

Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick ($5.79 at Bed, Bath & Beyond) is a new release for Spring 2015 and is the second Colorlicious product to launch (after the lip glosses this past Spring).  To me, the square tubes look very similar to the Lip Perfection, which has been on clearance at multiple drugstores lately.  I'm assuming these will be replacing them in their lineup.  I only saw a collection of pinks and nudes at my local BBB, but I've heard that they are also releasing berries and reds as well.  I picked up four shades to try...two nudes and two pinks.  Let's take a look!
The tubes have a slightly shiny, metallic finish to them and correspond to the color family they belong to.  The bottom of the tube is clear, which I thought would allow me to judge the color inside, but I was wrong...
The first pink shade I picked up, Sweetheart Blush, looked so pretty based on the bottom of the tube, but it ended up being a frost. Yuck.  Why brands continue to make frosty lipstick is beyond me... 1985 called...they want their lipstick back! The other shades I bought weren't frosts (thankfully), but I hear from other bloggers that there are quite a few in this line.



These go on feeling very smooth and nourishing, almost like a balm which felt comforting on my dry lips.  The color payoff was also pretty good, but to me these don't seem too much different than the old lip perfections...it's a slightly revamped formula and feels a little smoother and silkier, but I don't think these give quite the same level of coverage- they're a bit more sheer.  It seems like Covergirl is trying to appeal to a younger demographic these days with Katy Perry as their spokesmodel, so I think a smoother, sheerer formula is what they were going for.
The fragrance/flavor kind of reminded me of chemicals or play-doh, with a hint of vanilla cookie...not the greatest scent ever.
From Left: Sweetheart Blush, Darling Kiss, Caramel Kiss, Honeyed Bloom

Sweetheart Blush was a light frosty pink.

Darling Kiss was a rosy pink.

Caramel Kiss was a honey nude.

Honeyed Bloom was a nude-pink
Overall, I'm just sort of meh about these. They varied with wear time...the lighter shades faded within 3 hours or so, but the darker shade I tried, Darling Kiss, lasted twice as long because it stained my lips. The pigmentation was decent, but I also noticed that they settled into the cracks of my lips pretty fast, so even though they feel smooth, they don't necessarily look smooth. I'm also not crazy about the scent, and I wish that they labeled the tubes to let buyers know if it's a frost or a shimmer or a matte so we don't have to guess or be surprised.

Have you seen these in the stores or have you tried them yet?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments

  1. I have the shade in Delight Blush and I have to say that although these lipsticks are moisturizing, I agree that the chemical-like taste is not appealing. From my experience, I won't be repurchasing these lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the darker colors, but I have ended up really loving them! I have Ravish, Delight Blush, Eternal Beauty, Divine Wine, Bombshell Pink, and Tempt Berry. It all depends on your formula preference. But, for me I do love them! ❤

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig