Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cheek and Lip Review

Physicians Formula has recently added some new products to their Super BB line for Spring 2015. This All-in-1 Beauty Balm for Lips and Cheeks ($5.99 at Bed, Bath and Beyond) was so cute, I had to get one and try it out. Have a look! 

The packaging says," 1st ever Beauty Balm for cheek and lip. High-tech and multi tasking, sheer and buildable formula instantly enhances the natural color of your cheeks and lips while combining UVA/UVB protection, brightening antioxidants, moisturizing and firming botanicals and perfecting optical diffusers for super-powerful skin care + makeup benefits in one!"





Here's the ingredients panel:


This Beauty Balm comes in a cute little round pot, very similar to Eos. I like the packaging because it's easy to toss in my bag and easy to find once it's in there. But if you're looking for something to fit in a clutch or small bag, you may find this to be too bulky.

I chose the Berry Pink shade, but it also comes in Natural Peach. The balm is in a rounded dome shape and it goes on easily, but the color is very subtle and doesn't have a shiny finish like a gloss or lip balm would.  It leaves a very thin, almost weightless layer on your lips and cheeks that dries to a powder finish.  There's no glossiness and it's not super moisturizing like a lip balm would be, so I actually prefer to use this on my cheeks.  It gives my lips a tiny bit of moisture, but this time of year I need a lot.  Next time, I may try to apply this over lip balm because it's not enough for me by itself.

Here's a before and after of my lips.  You can see that the color is just a hint of pink with more of a matte finish. 
Here's a swatch on my arm...you can see how light and barely-there the color is.

Overall, I love this balm for my cheeks, because it gives a really natural wash of color and is super easy and convenient to use and blend. But I'm not totally sold on it for my lips because it's lacking in moisture, but I guess it'll do in a pinch when I need a 2-in-1 product to do my makeup on the go.  

Have you seen these in stores yet, or tried them? They currently have a $3 off instant coupon right on the box so it brings the price down to only $3!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig