Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara Review

Covergirl Full Lash Bloom by Lashblast Mascara, $7.99 is a new formula that's already popping up in stores for 2015. I spotted a small display in Target last week and had to try it out since I'm a Lashblast fan and mascara junkie in general.




This is the second pink mascara that's come out this season and unlike Maybelline's Lash Sensational I reviewed a few days ago, this one is a bright hot pink with flowers on the tube. If Barbie owned a mascara, this would be it (at least packaging-wise).

The brush is all plastic, similar to the other Lashblast formulas and this time, the bristles even cover the tip, similar to Benefit's They're Real or Revlon Photoready 3D Volume. I like that aspect of it because I use those to comb through my lashes in a vertical motion after using the wand horizontally.

Full Lash Bloom is supposed to provide a "full lash look that's soft to the touch" according to the packaging. The brush, with its mix of long and short bristles is supposed to "create volume from root to tip and combs and coats lashes evenly for full separated volume".
The "soft mousse formula made with natural beeswax provides volume that stays soft to the touch all day".
OK, so I noticed something when reading the packaging...they mentioned "volume" 3 times in that short space but didn't say anything about length. That's exactly what this mascara does...it gives pretty nice volume, but was definitely lacking in the lengthening department (and I like to have both).


Here are my before and afters:
Before
After
I found the mousse formula to be very dry and it didn't stick to the brush so when I pulled it out of the tube it looked very clean. The good thing about it is that it minimizes clumps, but I found myself dipping the brush back into the tube over and over again to get more product onto my lashes. It took a serious number of coats to get to my after picture. I kept feeling like my lashes weren't getting bigger/fatter/longer as easily as with other mascaras.
 It did give decent volume in the end, but I usually prefer to get some length in there as well.
Also, this smudged under my eyes a bit at the end of the evening (although it could have been because I piled on so many coats). 
So overall, not my favorite mascara as it took more effort than usual to amplify my lashes and it didn't even give great length. But for those of you who already have long lashes and are just looking for something to beef them up, this might work for you. 

Have you seen this or tried it yet? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

**Disclosure: The item(s) featured in this post were purchased by me.**

1 comment

  1. Great review!! I just bought it and find, I had to coat the backs of my lashes and kinda twirl in order to achieve any sort of drama....I am lucky b/c I only paid $7.75 on sale :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig