Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser Review

Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser ($8.49 for 6.7 oz) is an Alpha/Beta Hydroxy cleanser that contains exfoliating microbeads.  I stumbled upon this at Target the other day and I immediately put it in my cart because I didn't even realize that there was a drugstore AHA/BHA cleanser out there.  I've been using Murad's AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser ($36 for 6.75oz) since I worked at Sephora over 10 years ago. Even though it's super expensive, it was the only cleanser that wowed me the first time I used it.  I remember looking in the mirror after drying my face and being wowed at how bright, clean and smooth my face was. No other cleanser has ever come close- until now.
neutrogena pore refining exfoliating cleanser
This cleanser claims to:
This contains Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy) and Glycolic Acid (Alpha Hydroxy) along with gentle exfoliating microbeads, very much like the Murad formula.  In case you were wondering what the difference is between Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids is, here's a quick rundown:

-Alpha Hydroxy- Exfoliates the surface of the skin to improve dry, aging and sun-damaged skin. It removes that top layer so moisture can penetrate better. 
-Beta Hydroxy- Gets down into the pores to cut through the oil that's clogging them and normalize the lining of the pore. It also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it perfect for acne-prone skin.

So basically, both dry and oily skin types can benefit from this!  I personally have dry skin and this gets rid of flakes and creates the smoothest skin I've ever had, but it also started to create dry patches after using every day for a week.  Once I switched to every other day, it was perfect, so if you have dry skin, start slow.  You may need to give your skin a break day in between uses. Oily skin types can use this daily.
The formula also feels and looks so similar to the Murad version.  I have to say, this is a total dupe!

I'll be pinning this to my Dupes Board on Pinterest...
Overall, I'm ecstatic to finally find a cheaper dupe of my all-time favorite cleanser!  When I use this, my skin looks it's absolute best-super smooth and flake free.  My makeup goes on better too, and my skin just looks so glowy and bright. 

To purchase or to read more reviews, check out the link below to Ulta:
              

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig