NYX Proof It Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer Review

NYX Proof It! ($7) is a new waterproof eye shadow primer that was just launched a few weeks ago. It sounds like the perfect solution for the summertime- read on to find out how it holds up!

It's super easy to use, just use the wand to apply to clean dry eyelids, then smooth out with your finger and wait a few minutes for it to set. Then apply any shadow over it and Viola! Waterproof, budgeproof eyeshadow.
I find it interesting that this goes under eyeshadow instead of over to seal it in. Unfortunately I haven't tested it's effectiveness under water, but I did use this on vacation at the Jersey Shore at the beach and while doing all sorts of activities outside where it was humid and I was sweating. I'll talk about my results a little further down in this post.
Proof It! comes in a small tube with a doe-foot applicator and is a very light peach color. It contains no shimmer or sparkle and doesn't really have a scent that I could detect.
It feels thick going on and once you smooth it over your eyelids with your finger you can feel the weight of it when you blink. It feels a little tacky at first but it dries in about 5 minutes and then you don't feel like its there at all. It smooths out and the heavy feeling of something on your eyelids goes away.
After I applied powder eye shadow over this, I checked on it several times throughout the day and my shadow never budged! I went to the beach and went on a few walks in the 85 degree sun and nothing ran, smeared or faded. By nighttime, my eyeshadow looked the same as when I applied it in the morning!
I never got the chance to test it underwater, but as a primer, this stuff is awesome and I would definitely recommend it as an alternative to pricier brands like Urban Decay's Primer Potion.
If any of you decide to try this while swimming, I'd love to hear how it held up!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig