Laneige BB Cushion Light Review and Swatches

Laneige BB Cushion is an innovative 5-in-1 product from one of Korea's most popular skincare lines. Target recently started carrying a large portion of the line (which is a sister line to the expensive Amore Pacific products you can find at Sephora) and I was so excited because it's hard to find Korean brands here in the U.S.  It costs $34 at Target, so it's not cheap, but it's unlike anything else you can buy in this country at the moment, so I had to try it out!

BB Cushion claims to do 5 things- Brighten, Protect against UVA/UVB with SPF 50+, Cools and Refreshes, Prevents Shine, and Gives Natural, Long-Lasting Coverage. 


Here are the ingredients-

The format of this is part of what makes it so unique.  The BB Creams on the US market are all sold in tubes, but BB in a compact is really hot in Asia right now and I'm sure it'll make it's way over here eventually.  This particular compact is so high-end looking and it feels substantial, weighty, and closes with a very satisfying click.  It's very simple white with silver lettering.



Inside there's a gorgeous mirror that's extremely high quality and an antimicrobial applicator puff. Although it's sponge-like, it's not designed to soak up a lot of product like a regular makeup sponge would. When not in use, it rests in the white tray so it's not sitting in the product underneath.
When you open the tray, you can see the product.  It's essentially a sponge soaked in the BB cream itself.  All you have to do is dab the applicator puff into the sponge to pick up the product. A little goes a long way, so dab sparingly!  If you get too much product, it'll look caked on.
Here's a close-up of the sponge.

It also comes with a refill sponge, so although it's expensive, this should last quite a while.
It comes in 3 shades...light, medium and dark.  I wish it came in more shades, but that's all there is for now.  I bought Light and on my fair, pink toned skin it looks a bit yellow at first, but blends in nicely in the end.
Below is what it looks like blended out...you can see the line about 1/3 of the way down my arm (right where my wrist tendon ends). You can see how much more even my skin looks.
The coverage is light at first, but you can build it up to medium fairly easily.  Just remember to build slowly!  I like to grab a little bit on the applicator pad and pat it all over my face, per the instructions.  I don't think this is meant to be rubbed in like foundation.  All you have to do is just get a little bit on the applicator and just keep patting it all over your face and it blends in beautifully! It gets rid of all my redness yet leaves my freckles to show through, so it's a super natural finish.  It gives a slightly dewy glow, rather than a matte finish which works really well for my dry (combo dry in summer) skin.  Oily skin types may want to add some powder but a lot of the reviews I've read from those with oily skin said that this kept oil at bay all day.
It has a really pleasant light scent to it that I happen to love, but I wanted to mention it in case you're sensitive to scented products.  It didn't cause any kind of reaction with me.
It's also very long lasting- I kept looking in the mirror throughout the day and was surprised at how flawless my face looked, even toward evening time.  I've been keeping this in my purse and have been using it all summer long- it's just perfect!
Here's a quick video/demo:

I was so impressed by this that I bought some more Laneige skincare products, so stay tuned for more reviews of this brand.
Have you tried BB Cushion from Laneige or any other brand?

To purchase Laneige BB Cushion or to see more reviews, please visit Target.

1 comment

  1. Does the light color have a number associated with it? I've been looking to purchase it online and the color information is very confusing. I've tested the "light" and it is perfect for my complexion, that being said I have found it described as "light beige" or "true beige" or "sand beige". Can you help me figure out?
    Thanks,
    Chantale

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig