Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer Review Perfecting and Dark Spot Correcting

Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primers ($8, Walmart) have been around a while now and there are several different formulas that address different skin concerns, such as Shine-Free, Illuminating, and Color Correcting. I purchased the Perfecting formula, which is supposed to brighten and even out dull skin while diffusing redness, and the Dark Spot Correcting formula, that's supposed to diffuse the look of age spots, freckles and uneven skin tone for a brighter look.



 The Perfecting formula comes in a light pink tube and is supposed to even out the skin while filling in fine lines and wrinkles to help makeup go on more smoothly. Basically, it sounds like your average everyday primer.
 The ingredients are mostly silicones, like many primers.
 The texture is a drier, mousse-like consistency that feels velvety going on. It's more like a light paste than a cream, so it definitely sits on top of the skin rather than sinking in. This one was hit or miss for me...I liked the fact that it had a drier texture with a matte finish because it's summer and even my dry skin needs a bit of shine control. But on the other hand, it sometimes pills (rolls off in little balls) off my face and I'm not sure why this only happens sometimes. It might be a certain skin care product I used those days but I haven't narrowed it down yet. Also, I didn't notice this making my makeup last any longer than usual.


 The Dark Spot Correcting version is supposed to diffuse age spots, freckles and uneven tone, but I only found that out when I got it home and read it more carefully. Since the front said "Dark Spot Correcting" I assumed this had some sort of whitening ingredient in it to help fade spots on your face. But that's not the case...it just "diffuses" them with light reflecting pigments. I honestly didn't notice any difference...I could still see my spots just fine. However, it did add a nice glow to my face.
 This is also a silicone based primer but it contains some extra ingredients that the Perfecting primer doesn't have, such as hyaluronic acid, caffeine, and cucumber and pea extracts.
 Unlike the Perfecting formula, this one is runnier, like a lotion. It still has that silicone feel but it sank into my skin nicely and felt really hydrating without being greasy.


Overall, I like the Dark Spot Correcting one the best. Even though it didn't seem to help diffuse my dark spots, it gave my skin a nice glow, hydration, and a smooth, less lined canvas to apply makeup to.  The Perfecting one was just OK but I don't think I'd buy it again.
Have you tried any of the Sheer Envy primers from Hard Candy?

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig