Freeman Sleeping Mask Honeydew and Chamomile Review

The other day at Walmart I spotted some new single-use masks from Freeman. Well, I don't know if they're actually new, but they're new to me, since I've never seen them anyplace else. I almost never go to Walmart so I just happened to spot them and grabbed a bunch. They were $2 a piece. 
I got 2 paper masks, Hydrating Blue Agave and Brightening Rose, a Charcoal and Black Sugar rinse-off mud mask, and a Honeydew and Chamomile sleeping mask.
I plan to review them all separately since I only use a mask once or twice a week. I decided to try the Honeydew and Chamomile sleeping mask first. A sleeping mask is one that is applied as the last step of your skincare routine and you leave it on all night while you sleep, rinsing it off in the morning. I've been doing the multi-step Korean skincare routine (read about it here) the past several weeks, so adding a mask is just one more step. This is why I like the idea of a sleeping mask because it just takes the place of moisturizer rather than adding more time to the routine.


 This mask is for hydration and contains a lot of really moisturizing ingredients. Here's the description from Freeman:


"To wake up with dewy skin, you have to hydrate while you sleep! Our overnight sleeping mask with antioxidant-rich Honeydew and calming Chamomile is just the thing for rejuvenating skin. Deep moisturizing Coconut Oil makes rough skin a thing of the past, and Dimethicone dramatically smooths. Conditioning Jojoba Oil and moisture-binding Silk Amino Acids deeply nourish. Rinse upon waking to reveal well-rested skin that’s ready to face the day! Perfect for dehydrated skin."

Directions: At night smooth a generous amount evenly over cleansed face. The mask absorbs like a cream, meaning you can wear it without worrying about getting any product on your pillows. Rinse off in the morning.
The mask felt like a thick cream, almost balm-like. It felt really rich going on and I was worried it wouldn't sink in. It took about 5-10 minutes but it finally dried down to where it only felt slightly tacky so I felt comfortable getting into bed at that point. It gave a tingly cooling sensation when I first put it on but that subsided in a minute or two. Also, it smells delicious, like honeydew melons!
By the way, the packet is huge and I decided not to bother trying to save it for another use because I didn't want to make a mess trying to fold the packet over to close it. So instead I slathered the remaing mask over my hands and feet.
When I woke up this morning, I was treated to smooth, plump, hydrated skin. The coconut and jojoba oils really made everything look smooth, even my hands and feet looked soft and supple.
Overall, this mask did it's job and it was an easy way to use a mask, rather than having to wait 15 minutes and rinse it off. My routine takes a bit of time at night so any way I can shorten it, or at least not add more time, is great!
Have you tried any sleeping masks yet? If so, what's your favorite?

1 comment

  1. I bought $1.35 at my Walmart. I found it online for $9.25!!!!! Craziness. I swear by this stuff. I am an Esthetician and I have very sensitive skin that is super dry. I break out easily. I know this is a mask but I use it as a moisturizer. I scrub my skin once a week. And I don't actually wash it very often, just with water and then I put my moisturizer (mask) on. My skin starts to clear up overnight and is gone within a couple of days. My husband even commented on my skin. So I buy all the store has because sometimes I go there and it's all gone. I squeeze them all out I to an old empty clean powder plastic container. That way it doesn't dry out and I don't have to use it all at once. As a moisturizer I don't use as much as I would with a mask. Anyways. Just saying Amazing product.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig