Smell Bent St. Tropez Dispenser, Apres Soleil and Disco Nap Review

Smell Bent is an LA-Based niche perfume company that creates super fun scents without costing you an arm and a leg. That's what we like here at the Budget BB, so of course I had to test out a few of these just in time for summer. I posted a teaser on my new Instagram site that I'd be reviewing these, so without further ado, here we go!
smell bent perfumes
I was introduced to Smell Bent recently when my sister received the St. Tropez Dispenser perfume in her May 2014 PopSugar Must Have Box. I  purchased that scent along with two others in the 4 ml edt travel spray ($6.50).  They also have roll-on oil, perfume oil and a larger edt, but I bought the travel versions so that I could wear them around a bit and see how they settle on my skin before I go for a larger size.
Check it out...




st tropez dispenser smell bent
St. Tropez Dispenser is like Heaven in a bottle, or to be more precise, the beach in a bottle. I'm not a fan of scents like Bobbi Brown Beach because I feel like it has too much of that Coppertone feel to it. This one is warm and sweet, yet fresh at the same time. If I close my eyes, it takes me back to summers on the Jersey Shore, lying on the beach with my Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil on while fresh, cool, salty air wafts over me. It's the best beachy scent I've tried to date- it just smells wonderful.
The official notes are: Jasmine Absolute, Fresh Coconut, Aloe Vera, and a light breeze over a vintage musk.


In keeping with the beach theme, I decided to also try the remixed version of St. Tropez Dispenser, Apres Soliel.
apres soleil smell bent
This one is similar to the original, but with a strong honey note when you first spray it.  If you loved Urban Decay's Honey Body Powder back in the day, you will love this.  I smelled predominantly honey for quite a while before it settled into a sweeter, richer version of the original, which smells a bit fresher and cleaner in comparison. But Apres Soleil never loses that honey note, even though it mellows quite a bit, and you can pick out the coconut and soft leather notes. While it might be too much for me every day, this scent is super sexy and I would wear it out at night during the summer. It's a rich, decadent scent that will definitely get you noticed.
The official notes are: Jasmine Absolute dressed up with Honey, Coconut, Soft Leather, Sandalwood and Nitro Musk.

Disco Nap was a last-minute add-on to my purchase because I originally just wanted to buy St. Tropez Dispenser, then I saw the Apres Soleil remix and decided I wanted to compare the two.  I was ready to checkout when I decided to peruse the rest of the scents (I figured as long as I was there...).  The description of Disco Nap sounded wonderful, so I added it on to my purchase.
disco nap smell bent
It's harder to describe this one, but on me, it smells mellow, warm and a little bit sweet but not cloying.  I detect a hint of caramel in it, along with vanilla, a hint of coconut and musks.  But this also has ambergris in it, which adds an earthy, powdery scent that keeps it from being too sweet.  It's unlike any perfume I've ever smelled- it's warm, cuddly and the perfect scent to wear to bed, or lounging around on a Sunday.
The official notes are: Caramelized Vanilla and Ambergris softened with almond, coconut and snuggly musks. 

Overall, I'm impressed by the three scents I bought- they're not your typical flowery/sophisticated scents, but I'm not that type of girl.  I love the playful, casual vibe of the ones I chose and I can't wait to try more from Smell Bent!
If you've tried any other Smell Bent scents, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig