Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright Review

Pepta-Bright $29.99, is a skin-lightening product by Canadian brand Indeed Labs.
Indeed Labs' philosophy is to eliminate all marketing hype and costs from skin care (like fancy packaging) and focus on real results that can be seen as fast as possible, quality ingredients on the cutting edge of science, and reasonable prices. Sounds good to me!

Pepta-Bright is a cream-serum that promises to give you a brighter, more luminous complexion thanks to 7 active ingredients. 

Here are the claims:
-Improve skin clarity, including the appearance of uneven skin tone.
-Diminish the appearance of brown spots
-Restore Luminosity and radiance to the skin
-Maintain skin's moisture levels.
Free of Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Mercury and Parabens.
indeed pepta-bright



The packaging is simple and no-frills which is fine by me. The tube of product comes in a box that is deceptively large, considering the tube size but the product itself is 1oz.
I had to do some digging into the ingredients because its not clear from the technical names on the package what they are or what they do. So after going through them one by one, here's what I found:

Symwhite 377 (Phenylethel Resorcinol) is naturally derived from the Scotch Pine Bark and is an antioxidant that is effective at influencing the formation of pigmentation in the skin, thereby lightening it.

O.D.A. White (Octadecenedioic Acid) is obtained by bio fermentation of Omega-9 fatty acids and works by blocking the production of melanin in the skin (melanin causes a tan and dark/sun spots).

SepiWhite (undecylenoyl phenylalanine) is a molecule that inhibits the skin from making pigment.

Chromabright (Dimethylmethoxy Chromanyl Palmitate) is another molecule that inhibits melanin production in the skin.

Melanostatine-5 (Nonapeptide-1) is a peptide that blocks melanin production in the skin and prevents hyper-production of melanin.

Pepta-Bright also contains lactic acid which is an alpha-hydroxy acid dervived from milk to exfoliate and smooth the skin, and hyaluronic acid to hydrate and plump the skin.
This formula definitely packs a punch when it comes to whitening ingredients! It has not one or two, but at least 5 (that I could find). That is certainly in line with Indeed Labs' philosophy of focusing on ingredients and formula vs. packaging and marketing.
Here's the full ingredient list:

 
The tube is a basic white tube that has a twist off cap.
pepta-bright indeed

The texture is a lightweight cream that feels like a cream-gel hybrid. It goes on really nicely and sinks in fast. I have dry skin so this isn't enough moisture to use on its own so I apply moisturizer after Pepta-Bright.
pepta-bright swatch
The Verdict: 
I so wish I had taken a before photo so you could see the difference this has made in my skin the past 3 weeks! If I show just an after photo, you won't be able to tell how much progress my skin has made since I started using Pepta-Bright. The brown spots under my eyes and cheeks have lightened significantly but they are still visible, so you wouldn't be able to tell how much better they actually are.
Let's put it this way, about 3-5 days after using this, I noticed my skin looked brighter. Between weeks 1 and 2, I started using less foundation and concealer. Now I'm using BB Cream regularly for the first time in my life because its actually enough coverage. I had previously tried Lancome's new Dream Skin lightening cream ($98)  for close to 2 months, and it hardly did anything to fade my spots. Its just sitting in a drawer in my bathroom. I found Pepta-Bright to be so much more effective than anything I've tried. At $29.99 (I got it on sale for $24.99 at Walgreens with my rewards card) this is a powerhouse formula that really works. I have yet to see if it will lighten my spots into oblivion but we'll see. I have a feeling that if I stop using this, my skin will produce melanin again and I'll be back where I started. So this might be something I'll have to continue to buy if I want the results to last. 
So to recap the claims:

-Improve skin clarity, including the appearance of uneven skin tone- YES
- Diminish the appearance of brown spots- YES
-Restore Luminosity and radiance to the skin- YES
-Maintain skin's moisture levels- YES but dry skin will need a little more.

To read more about Pepta-Bright or to purchase click below:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig