Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips Review and Swatch

I'm a sucker for all things little and cute, so even though I don't need yet another lip balm, I saw this tiny little tub of rosy red Vaseline Lip Therapy at Walgreens and had to have it.  It was only $1.99 and did I mention it's so cute?  

It looks bright pink in the little tub, but goes on sheer.  If you already have pigmented lips, you probably wouldn't notice anything.  My lips are on the pale side naturally so this does add a little color- just enough to make them look healthier.  The herbal rose scent is incredible and reminds me of Smith's Rosebud Salve, which is $6- hmmm..I think we have another dupe to add to my Pinterest Dupes Board!
Here's what it looks like on my skin which is incredibly pale at the moment.  The ingredients are Petroleum Jelly and fragrance/color, that's it!  So it really seals in moisture and feels soft on the lips, not sticky at all!

My one pet peeve about this is that I have a love/hate relationship with the little jar.  It's practically the reason I bought it and yet I don't usually buy lip products in jars because I feel like they're unsanitary.  If I'm out somewhere and haven't washed my hands, I don't want to dip my finger in the jar and apply it (yeah I'm a bit of a germ-aphobe).  But I will say that this jar is 100 times easier to open than Smith's Rosebud Salve's tin, which I practically have to pry open with a knife sometimes.  

Overall, this is a fantastic lip balm with a hint of tint and super delicious rose fragrance.  Definitely worth the $1.99!  

4 comments

  1. Cute! I love little things too. My boyfriend makes fun of me when we're out somewhere and I say, oh look at that cute little pot, or tiny spatula or whatever, LOL. I'll have to try this, because I love Rosebud Salve but I agree trying to get the tin open is like trying to break into Fort Knox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, haha same here. My husband makes fun of me for the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, I hate dipping my fingers into pots. That's why I carry q-tips around in my bag for that very reason. I've seen the clear version of this at target but not the rose. I'll have to check Walgreen's, it looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased this months ago when it first came out, for $2.99, and was quite unimpressed and felt ripped off. The size is small and is so light in color payoff I might as well use Vaseline. It has a light fragrance bit for what Rosebud Salve does for my lips and the larger size, I would rather spend the $6 for that than Vaseline in a tiny container. Lipstick will have to do for color.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig