Sonia Kashuk Dewy Luxe Lip and Cheek Balm Enchanted Review and Swatches

New for Spring 2014 is Sonia Kashuk's Dewy Luxe, a lip and cheek stain that she's calling a balm, but its more like a gel-balm hybrid. Either way, its unlike anything I've ever tried before.

It's packaged in a black tube that reminds me a little bit of an inkwell, how it's wider at the bottom. The applicator is a brush, like nail polish that you dip into the bottom to get more color. I chose the color Enchanted, a bright pink, but there is one other shade, Charmed, which is a bright coral.
 The formula is like a gel, but not a drying gel, it has moisture to it, which is where the balm aspect comes in. It leaves a soft dewy film that's not sticky or goopy at all.
 This is the color swatched on my arm without blending. You can see that it looks pretty bright, but once blended, it gives a nice soft flush of color.
 Here are my before and afters- it blends out into a nice pop of pink, more color than I'm used to wearing, but not crazy. I would still wear this shade, given the right outfit/occasion.


This balm is super long lasting also and it's highly pigmented so you only need a tiny bit. It's not marketed as a stain, but it left color behind on my lips and cheeks for hours! Unlike traditional lip stains which basically feel like alcohol going on, this has a dewy, moisturizing feel and I never found that my lips felt dry at all, even hours later. My skin and especially my lips are always dry, but this didn't make them any worse, and with a top coat of balm, even my lip lines disappeared! 
Overall this is an amazing new product and is a stain that even dry skinned girls will love. I've been waiting for someone to invent a moisturizing stain without having to apply a separate product and this is it! 
The only downside is the limited shade range, but the color is buildable, so you can apply a little for a subtle wash of color, or a lot to pack more of a punch.
You can get this at Target stores for $9.99

Have you tried this? What do you think?

You Might Also Like:

1 comment

  1. This looks so unique and different! I have a darker, Olive skin tone so I'minterested to see what the coral color looks like!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig