Harvey Prince Hello Review

Harvey Prince Hello is the perfect perfume for Spring and Summer and is my new signature scent...take a look!

I've been on the hunt for a new perfume the past year or so and it hasn't been easy.  Sure, I find ones that smell nice, but I'm looking for something different...something interesting that doesn't smell like everything else.  I'm drawn to scents that smell light, fresh and clean, but not too soapy, and I like them to have a warmth and sweetness to them without smelling too sticky-sweet like candy.  Florals usually give me a headache unless they're well balanced and grounded with other scents. 
I had heard about Harvey Prince in magazines but their fragrances aren't sold in stores and I was always hesitant to order perfume online- what if I didn't like it?
I received a sample of Hello in my May Beauty Box 5, and I was so excited to finally try it since the reviews have been great. When I spritzed it on for the first time I knew right away- this was it! I heard that Lionel Richie song in my head, "Hello, is it me you're looking for?"  I had found that perfect blend that I had been after all this time.  
The name Hello fits this scent so well, because it's a perfect way to greet the day and just makes you feel happy.  The creators wanted to mimic the joy of waking up to a warm day with the sun shining and the flowers blooming, and I would say they got it exactly right!

Here are the notes:
Top: Meyer Lemon, White Grapefruit, and Satsuma Mandarin- these give it that freshness that I was looking for without smelling like soap or detergent.
Middle: Summer Forsythia, Pink Plumeria (used in Hawaiian leis) and Wild Verbena- these florals are not headache inducing on me at all.  They're perfectly balanced in the heart of the fragrance surrounded by fresh and warm notes.
Bottom: Tahitian Vanilla and Sensual Musk- the perfect blend to give it a warmth and sweetness without being cloying.

I am so happy with this scent, I can't wait to get the body cream and liquid loofah to layer it with.  Next I want to try Temptress, Yogini and Fling- they all sound wonderful too!  

I bought the 8.8ml tall spray for $26, but they also offer a larger 1.7oz. size for $55 and a rollerball for $21. If you want to try Harvey Prince's frangrances without too much risk, they do offer sample mini's for $12 on their website

Have you tried any of Harvey Prince's fragrances?  Which one(s) are your favorites and why?

To read more about Hello, read other reviews, or to purchase, visit Anthropologie below:

3 comments

  1. Yogini is my absolute favorite- you have to try it! I also want to try Temptress- it's supposed to attract men to you which is always a good thing, lol. I recently got a sample of Hello in my Birchbox and I agree, it's lovely. I might buy the same size spray you bought when the sample is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I've been hearing about Hello and I wasn't sure if I would like it but so far I've liked everything you have so I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song, Hello! Its one of my favorites HAHA! I got this sample in my BB5 this month too and it had me at...Hello (to throw in another pop culture reference)! They should sell this in stores. I think they'd sell a ton if people could smell it in person!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig