Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Gloss Review and Naked Swatches

I have a bit of a weakness when it comes to Urban Decay. I see new products and I can't help but splurge on them! The new Naked glosses are no exception. I'm already in love with my Naked 2 Palette and Naked Loose Powder, so I had to try this. Take a look...


Urban Decay is calling this a luxurious gloss and rich lip balm in one. 

WHAT IT DOES:
This super nourishing gloss has an addictively creamy texture and a gorgeous, high-shine finish. Perfect for complementing the always-popular UD smoky eye, the Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss feels so luxe that you’ll want to keep applying it all day. The makeup junkies at Urban Decay painstakingly crafted this formula, obsessing over every last detail until it was just right. Laced with ingredients that are good for your skin, this formula includes Hyaluronic Filling Spheres™, vitamin E, avocado oil, and shea butter to hydrate and condition lips. Rosehip seed oil provides an extra hit of vitamins, including vitamins A and C. 

I love the packaging! It's a rose gold metal tube with the word Naked cutout. You can see the shade through the tube on the bottom and it also has an extra long flocked paddle applicator so you can cover your lips in only one or two swipes.
I chose the shade Naked, (nude pink with a pearly pink shift), which is swatched below. To see swatches of the other shades, click --->this post.

This gloss isn't very pigmented, but then again, it's NAKED gloss. It has a very subtle mint scent.  Here's my lips before and after...



This is a nice lipgloss but is it worth $20? I'm not convinced. It definitely has that cool factor to it, but there are plenty of cheaper glosses that are moisturizing and deliver similar shades. I really wanted to love this and call it splurgeworthy, but to me this is just a nice lipgloss with an average gloss wear time. If you want to be seen pulling this gorgeous tube from your bag, by all means, drop the cash on it. But if you don't care about that sort of thing, take a pass on this one. 



1 comment

  1. Thank you for being honest! I feel that so many bloggers overhype things. A lip gloss has to really do and be something special to be worth $20. Its a nice color but I bet I could find a similar shade at the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig