January 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Reveal

It's that time of the month again when I rush to my mailbox in anticipation of my subscription boxes. This month's Birchbox was great, but I always look forward most to my Ipsy Glam Bag. So what did I get this month? Take a look!
Benefit Says: Quickly minimize the appearance of pores! Apply this silky, lightweight balm for translucent pore coverage and smoother-than-smooth skin. Pores...now you see 'em, now you don't! Complements all skin tones.

What I think: I have a deluxe sample of the POREfessional that I got from Sephora and love it, so I'm excited to get more, since that one is almost gone.



Malin + Goetz Says:  Mojito Lip Balm is as soothing to the lips as it is to the senses.  Flavored with (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito, our lip balm is scientifically blended to restore and replenish.  Our hydrating lip gel easily integrates for daily maintenance, prevention and treatment of dry, irritated lips.  Color and Paraben free.

What I think: Love this lip balm!  It's moisturizing and the flavor reminds me of summertime....yum.



Balanced Guru Says: Treat your whole body with a smooth and buttery body balm. Enriched with healthy butters and an invigorating blend of essential oils that will wake up your senses and moisturize your skin without leaving it greasy or tacky. Make sure you work it well into elbows, knees and even your feet. They'll thank you later.

What I think: I wasn't crazy about this one.  It smells lemony, which can quickly go wrong if it smells like a cleaning product.  This balm is very thick and moisturizing, which I like about it, but it has so many butters and oils in it, that my skin stays shiny/greasy for a long time- it just doesn't soak in fast enough for me.  I'll probably use this at night- I could see it working well as an overnight foot treatment, covered with socks.



Nicka K. New York says: Made of delicate spun lace, Absolute! Make-up Cleansing Tissues are gentle enough for sensitive complexions, but strong enough to effectively remove lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow and even waterproof mascara.

What I think: I haven't tried these yet, but makeup remover wipes are always welcome in this lazy girl's house.  I use them more than ever now that I have a 7 month old that's not sleeping to quickly remove makeup and get myself right to bed as quickly as possible!



Yaby Says: Liquid foundation = unbelievably natural (8mm tube with removable tip)
  • Super smooth texture, extremely easy to apply.
  • Mimics the skin's natural sheen to create the most realistic flawless skin
  • a natural finish which does not create excessive glossiness that requires constant touchup and mattifying.
  • oil-free
What I think: 
I tried this on my hand so far, and it seems really moisturizing (great for my dry skin) and the color match is spot-on!  I'm excited to try this soon!


I also received a Beauty Blender and Cleaner with my Ipsy Points.  You can earn points a number of different ways, like referring friends to the site, rating your Glam Bag, reviewing products on Ipsy.com and sharing your Glam Bag's arrival on Facebook.  You can then redeem your points for extras, so I was super excited to get my Beauty Blender!


So this month's IPSY Glam Bag had a grand total of $48.48 worth of product inside for $10.  This is why I love IPSY, I always get my money's worth and then some!  

What did you think of this month's bag?  



1 comment

  1. I've been wanting to try a subscription box but haven't made up my mind. I've been reading reviews online and am torn between Ipsy and Birchbox. Both of yours looked good this month. Maybe I'll do both!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig