New Cover Girl Tru Magic Skin Perfector Balm- Mally Face Defender Dupe

Yesterday at Walgreens, I spotted some new Cover Girl products in a line called Tru Magic (I'm thinking it's their answer to L'Oreal's Magic line).  I already reviewed the bronzer here, and today I wanted to talk about the Skin Perfector Balm.  
(Just a heads up, I'm going to be posting new products as soon as I see them on my Facebook page, so if you're a follower, you'll see new products without waiting for my review.)


The balm is a totally new product for the drugstore.  We've all seen similar products in the high end stores, like Stila's Stay All Day, Benefit's Dr. Feelgood or Mally's Face Defender, but there were no affordable drugstore versions until now (this was about $8 at Walgreens).  


This balm is supposed to prime and control shine, making pores disappear.  Unlike traditional gel primers in a tube, this one feels lightweight, is not greasy, and makes my skin feel like velvet!  It's very easy to apply and can be done before or after makeup.  I love, love, love this product, as well as the bronzer I reviewed yesterday.  

My only gripe about this is that the applicator sponge doesn't have it's own separate compartment and has to sit on top of the product.  But other than that, this is an awesome mattifying/priming option that's so easy to use and makes your skin look and feel amazing!
I'll add this to my dupes board on Pinterest as a dupe for the three I mentioned above. 






3 comments

  1. Well I may have to give this a try! I don't mind the sponge thing because I don't use sponges I use a brush so that won't bother me.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica, same here! I'm never crazy about applicators that come with products. But I know people who do so I figured I'd mention it. It struck me as odd because most compact products have a space underneath for the applicator. Wonder why they didn't include it?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig