Spotted at Walgreens: Profusion Cosmetics Twinkle Twinkle Palettes

I had heard of Profusion Cosmetics, an affordable cosmetics line from California, but I never had the opportunity to try any of their products until I just spotted them at my local Walgreens.  I couldn't resist these 5-color shadow palettes for $1 each...seriously!  
They had other Profusion palettes on display that were $5 and had more shades, but I figured $1 wasn't much of a risk to try them out first and see if I like the brand. I found these in the front of the store where they usually put new products, but is currently cosmetics gift sets for the holidays.

The Twinkle Twinkle palettes come in four colors: A purple-toned smoky palette 01, a nude palette 02, an earthy green palette 03 and a brights palette 04. I chose the neutral one to start with.  I noticed right off the bat that these shadows were shimmery, but after I started playing with them, I realized that it's just the top layer.  Underneath they were more satiny, with a bit of shine, but most of the glitter was gone.



This is what it looked like when I first got it...

Below is how it looked after I swatched it...underneath the top layer it's not as shimmery.  Also, in the first picture, the color all the way to the right looks brown and below it looks more purple.  I'm not sure why my camera wasn't capturing it correctly, but in real life, it looks more purple, like the photo below.
Here's each shade with a corresponding swatch.

Shade #1 looks a little off-white in the pan, but it swatches very white on my skin.

Shade #2 is a pretty beige, which would be a great all-over shade.  It doesn't show up on my skin in the photo very well since it's close to the same color.

Shade #3 is a pretty taupe.  I love this shade!

Shade #4 is a gorgeous olive green with brown tones in it.  This is great for someone who wants to wear green but doesn't like bright colors, because it's a subtle, more sophisticated green.

Shade #5 once again, my camera didn't capture it correctly in the pan, but the swatch is true to life. It's a beautiful purple shade that's also not too bright- perfect if you want a little color while still being more understated.

I found that these had really good pigmentation, especially for a palette that costs $1!  The shadows are very soft and easy to pick up.  My one issue is that they do have a little fallout, due to the fact that they are so soft, but if you're careful, it should be fine.

Have you ever used any Profusion cosmetics?  Have you seen these at your local Walgreens? These aren't available online, so Walgreens may be the only place to find them!

Check out more Profusion at Profusioncosmetics.com.

1 comment

  1. I know this is an older post but I had to let you know that they have these and the12 pan palette at Dollar Tree. I have just used the Natural 12 pan and it's beautiful. It has 5 matte and 7 shiny but not glittery shades. A little fallout like the 5 pan you reviewed but the pigmentation is unbelievable. I never heard of profusion before so I googled them and this post came up first. I religiously read all your reviews/tips(they are awesome btw) so I had to share =)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig