Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Review- Smashbox Photo Finish Dupe

Yesterday, I spotted Maybelline's new Baby Skin primer ($12) at CVS and posted it straight to my Facebook wall.  (From now on, I'll be posting all of my drugstore finds directly to Facebook, so you'll be the first to see new products and won't have to wait for my review). 


Since this claims to be a pore eraser, I was thinking that it might be a dupe for Benefit's the Porefessional, but actually, it's more like a dupe for Smashbox's Photo Finish primer. Let me explain...
Benefit's the Porefessional is creamy and thick and really is used as a spot treatment for pores, but Baby Skin is a clear silicone gel that reminds me exactly of a primer, namely Photo Finish. While it does fill in pores somewhat, it doesn't erase them, by any means.  I do like that it's lightweight and makes my skin feel soft and smooth.  It's also hydrating on my dry skin, so I like that also.
The bottom line is, if you're looking for a pore eraser, this isn't a product I'd choose, because it only works so-so in that department.  But, if you're looking for an inexpensive dupe of Smashbox Photo Finish, I say by all means, get it!  
I'll be pinning this to my Dupes board on Pinterest, so if you haven't already checked it out, please come visit me there!




6 comments

  1. I haven't seen this primer in Toronto yet but I guess you could use it for less special occasions and then use a better primer for special occasions. I haven't found a primer that I am in love with yet but I want to try the Smashbox one as I have heard great things.

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use face primers much, but I still want to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review of this product, too bad it doesn't work so well as a pore eraser

    Kayla
    sheerbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This product makes your face oily and ur foundation seems..to melt down your face if you already have oily skin i dont reccomend...this product

    ReplyDelete
  5. have u found a dupe for porefessional?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think NYX Pore Filler is the closest thing to the Porefessional I've found yet!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig