New Cover Girl Tru Magic Bronzer Review- Chanel Soleil Tan dupe

The idea of a cream bronzer thrills the heck out of a dry-skinned girl like myself who just ends up looking muddy/dusty when using powders.  A while ago, I was tempted to try Chanel's Soleil Tan, but couldn't bring myself to spend $48 on a bronzer.  There are a few other high end options...I think Hourglass makes one as well.  But nothing at the drugstore...until now!

Yesterday, I spotted this at my local Walgreens, so those of you on my Facebook page got a heads up early!

This is what Cover Girl calls a "Soft Touch Balm" rather than a cream, and the name fits.  The color is sheerer than you'd expect from a thick cream, but enough to give you a fantastic glow. It glides on effortlessly, needs minimal blending, and looks fresh, dewy and radiant on my skin (not a speck of shimmer).  It has the consistency of a primer- very gel-like and makes your skin feel like velvet.  It doesn't sink into fine lines or pores which is another huge plus for me.

My only complaints are that it comes in one shade (although this shade is perfect for my fair skin, but darker skinned girls might not think it's enough), and that it comes with a sponge, but there's no compartment to put the sponge in, so it has to sit on top of the product.
Other than that, I'm in LOVE.  This was around $8 and I might just go back and buy up the rest, because things like this don't tend to stick around long and I think I've found my HG bronzer.
Here's a swatch on my arm (in daylight).  This isn't blended and so that you can see it better.  When blended, its the perfect bronze shade- not orange and looks very natural!

I'm going to add this to my dupes board on Pinterest, and if you haven't checked it out yet, there are tons of great drugstore dupes, so stop by when you get a chance!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig