Score! J. Crew Schoolboy Blazer

I've been wanting one of J.Crew's schoolboy blazers for a while now, but I never wanted to spend the almost $200 to get one.  Last fall, they came out with a light grey herringbone one that I was thisclose to buying, but ended up buying a cheaper version that I don't even wear (and now I regret it!).   
Now that fall is almost upon us, I've been thinking about investing in one again. Blazers are something that is so versatile, and can be worn with so many things, that I decided I would probably wear it enough to warrant the cost. 
But when we went to J. Crew, I found that my beloved Schoolboy has been redesigned!  They've added an inch in length to it, and when I tried it on, it looked less casual and more like something I would wear to work (which was not the look I was going for).  
Anyway, last weekend, my husband and I left Henry with his grandparents for the day and decided to do a little shopping.  Since it was such a gorgeous day, we didn't want to spend it in the mall, and went to the Tanger outlets on Long Island.  When I saw J.Crew, I thought that there was a good chance that the original schoolboy would be there since they're phasing it out, and sure enough, they were- and they were marked down! Not only that, but they were 40% off, so I ended up getting this houndstooth one for about $100! 

It looks so good with jeans, a simple white tee, chunky necklace and ballet flats.   They have this on the J.Crew factory website, but it's still $188, so if you're interested in picking up a Schoolboy blazer, I suggest heading to your local J.Crew outlet before they're gone!  Incidentally, the regular Schoolboy's are on sale on the J.Crew Factory website for $148.

3 comments

  1. awesome score. I have my eyes set on the blazer for a while but $200 is a lot. I was tempted to try the factory version and see if it's a good dupe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I like the factory version better since they lengthened the original version in the regular store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the original in Navy. Got it last year and was planning on getting either gray or camel this year. Im sad they changed the fit though. Hmm...I think I'll check out the factory site before they disappear! Love the Houndstooth one you got!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig