Forever 21 Early Fall September 2013 Haul

Happy Monday everyone!  I thought I'd talk about clothing today, as opposed to beauty products, because I just got some great stuff at Forever 21!  Now that I'm a stay-at-home mom full time, it's even more important to watch the budget in all aspects of my life, not just beauty products.  No more Michael Kors for me (well, maybe once in a while).

So here's what I got, and how I plan to wear it!  I ended up with some transitional pieces that would take me from the end of summer through the fall. 

The Essentials line is one of my favorites, because all of the pieces are so wearable.  This cardigan has become one of my favorite things because it's super lightweight, drapes nicely, and is casual.  The problem I usually have with cardigans is that they sometimes look like something I should be wearing to work, and this one is so not like that!  It goes with shorts, jeans or dresses/skirts with ease! 
Essential Heathered Cardigan $22.80


Next, I got this black dress with crochet details.  It's super comfy cotton jersey material and comes with a skinny brown belt. It's a flattering fit for those with hips, since the skirt flares out a bit.  It's also not too short or too long- it's just the right length.  I've been wearing this with sandals, but plan to pair it with a cardi or jacket in the cooler weather with tights and boots/booties.


Next up is this Tribal Print dress that is from the Love 21 Line.  It's olive green and black and comes with a removable sash that you can replace with a belt.  It also has faux leather detail at the collar.  I'm going to pair this with black tights and boots and a cute jacket for fall!





This next item is a tank top, but is great for layering.  I just loved the detail at the neckline, because it makes it more interesting than just a plain black tank. I've gotten lots of compliments on it.  I've been wearing it with shorts, but it'll look great with my gray jeans!
Crocheted Yoke Top- $12.80




And finally, I was inspired by Olivia Palermo's look below with the white mesh baseball tee from Express ($34.90)

and while hers isn't that expensive, I found this one at F21 that I love because it's a sweater, so it'll make the transition into fall easily.  I love it- it looks so great with jeans!

What are your favorite stores for saving money without sacrificing style?


4 comments

  1. I love your picks! I never find what I want at F21- it's too overwhelming. I've been waiting for you to do some fashion posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gracie! I end up ordering online because the store intimidates me. I find it much easier to search because I can type what I'm looking for, like "shift dress" or "black pants" etc. If you type "essential" you'll get all of their cute basics in the search results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the things you bought, They are all pieces I would buy myself. I love Forever 21 they have such cute, trendy clothes.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! :) I always try to find that balance between trendy and wearable/classic. Since I'm 35 now I can't wear certain trends without looking ridiculous but at the same time I'm so afraid of looking old and frumpy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig