Flower By Drew Barrymore Extreme Measures Mascara Review

I've been back and forth to my local Wal-Mart the past few weeks, checking to see if the new Flower line by Drew Barrymore had arrived yet.  Finally, my local store put out a small display, but it's not the whole line, unfortunately.  They only had the nail polishes, lipsticks, lip balm, lip glosses, liquid liners and 2 mascaras- a thickening formula, and a lengthening one.  On Wal-Mart's website, there are so many more products that I was excited about, but were not in my store, like the cream eyeshadows, Ultimate mascara, BB Cream, and foundation. Oh well, hopefully they're coming soon!
So...I ended up purchasing a tinted lip balm, and the lengthening mascara, Extreme Measures.
I'll be reviewing the lip balm in a later post, so for now, it's all about mascara!

This formula comes in a sleek black tube with bronze lettering stamped on the side.  It's really high quality packaging- so I'm impressed so far!



On a side note, I love that this line is made in the USA.  Not too many things are these days, and I always feel great spending my money on something made in this country, if I can.  

Here's the description from Wal-Mart's website: 

Flower Extreme Measures Lengthening Mascara lengthens and nourishes your lashes with red seaweed for elasticity. Shiny polymers add shine, luster and condition. Vegetal polymers provide easy application and superb adherence for all-day wear.
Flower Extreme Measures Lengthening Mascara:
  • Smudge-proof color
  • Helps to strengthen lashes
  • Prevents lash damage
  • Ophthalmologist tested

The brush is a figure-8 style brush that's really easy to work with. 


The formula is easy to layer and build without any clumping at all.  It's wet, but not so much that it gets goopy- just enough that you have time to build coats without it drying up on you.  Once dry, my lashes have felt super soft all day- as if I have no mascara on at all!  It also didn't smudge or flake on me at all.  
As for the end results, this is a true lengthening formula, as in, it doesn't really build volume.  But I did get nice flirty length with this, and I was really happy with it!  I'm thinking I could even layer it with Flower's Lash Knockout volumizing formula for added oomph.  

Here are my before and afters:





At $6.98, this is a great buy, and so far, I'm impressed with Flower! Have you tried anything from the Flower line yet?  What did you think?



1 comment

  1. Just wondering, did this hold a curl for you? I find that my biggest issue (aside from clumpy, crusty lashes) is mascara not holding a curl (even with the use of a lash curlier prior). Just wondering if this is worth investing in.

    Thanks in advance!
    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig