L'Oreal Visible Lift Color Lift Blush Review and Swatches Peach Gold Lift


 

I was in the market for a new blush, and spotted the new Visible Lift from L'Oreal.  The gorgeous colors jumped right out at me and I had a hard time choosing one.  I finally settled on Peach Gold Lift, since I'm fair and peach usually compliments my skin tone really well.  It also reminded me of a cream version of Nars Orgasm with it's gold shimmer.

Here's what L'Oreal's website says about Visible Lift Color Lift Blush: 
"Contours and illuminates cheekbones for a more radiant and youthful complexion.  The hybrid cream to powder formula has a silky, lightweight texture that does not settle into fine lines, giving complexions a flawless, even tone.  Visible Lift Color Lift Blush is infused with tourmaline pearls for optimized radiance to revitalize the complexion and create a healthy glow".  


The almost clay-like texture of this blush reminds me a bit of Maybelline's Bouncy Blush, but it's creamier and not as dry.  It also has more pigment, but unfortunately, it doesn't last all that long.  Maybe 3-4 hours or so.  I find that dabbing it on my cheeks gives better color payoff than blending it in, but I end up applying two to three layers due to the subtleness of this shade.  Personally I don't mind a little bit of shimmer (not sparkle) on my cheeks, and this is pretty subtle, just enough to give a nice glow.  But those who like a matte finish probably won't like these, since they all seem to have varying degrees of shimmer. 

Overall, I like this blush, but the downside is the short wear-time.  It lasts longer when I layer a bit of Nars Orgasm or the Balm's Hot Mama powder blush over it, but that kind of defeats the purpose to me.  Even though some of the glowiness shines through the powder, it doesn't quite have the same effect.  Plus, this was $11- a bit steep for a blush in my opinion.  

Has anyone else tried this?  What do you think?

1 comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig