Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hour Lipstick in Never Ending Nude Review & Swatches

One of my readers, Katrina emailed a few weeks ago, and asked if I would post a review of Maybelline's new Super Stay 14 Hour Lipstick, so I made sure to put it on the short list of things to review when I got back from vacation. (Thanks for the request, Katrina!)
 The other day, I headed out to CVS and looked over the colors. Now, I'm definitely a fan of subtle shades, and these were all really bold for the most part.  I finally settled on Never Ending Nude, which was a nude with a hint of pink, and a little bit of sparkle in it.




Maybelline's website says:
14HR Lipstick with an ultra-lightweight formula:
• Stays fresh, light, and comfortable
• Super rich color that lasts for 14 hours
• Pigments are enveloped in a longwearing system
• 20 long wearing shades 
I've never tried a lipstick yet that lasts 14 hours, so I wasn't expecting this to.  But I wanted to see realistically how long it would stick around.  I applied it after lunch around 1pm.  
Here's my before and after: 

Before:

 After:
 This lipstick felt moisturizing and had a satin finish upon first application.  It was really pigmented, which I guess is why most of the colors are so bold and dramatic.  I really loved this shade- it was a "my lips but better" color that looked natural.
So the big question is, how long did it last?
Here's what it looked like at 5:30 when I left work:
There was definitely some pigment left on my lips, but the shine was gone, along with some of the moisture.  My lips felt drier and a tad sticky by this point.  I'm thinking maybe the darker colors will leave more of a stain.  Overall, I would say that this lasts longer than most lipsticks and is less drying than a stain.  But for someone like me, with dry skin/lips, I'll probably stick with gloss and balms most of the time, although I would definitely use this if I were going to an event and needed longer staying power.  I might layer a gloss over it for a little more shine.
Have you tried these?  What did you think?



1 comment

  1. I purchased the Maybelline 14h lip gloss last week and was pretty interested to try it out :( but it didnt last 14h for me either. False advertisement!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig