Maybelline Great Lash Big Mascara Review

Today I was in CVS, and decided I needed a new mascara.  Well, maybe need is a strong word, but anyway... I spotted Maybelline's Great Lash Big on the shelf, and I'm not sure if this is a new product, or if I just never noticed it before, but I decided to try it.  I've tried regular Great Lash in the past, as well as the newer Lots of Lashes version, and thought they were just okay.  So I was really hoping this one would be better (hint...it is!).


The brush is definitely bigger than the other Great Lash versions.  

For reference, you can see it next to some other brushes- To the left, is Maybelline's Illegal Length, which is about the size of a regular mascara wand.  Great Lash Big is in the middle, and on the right, is Rimmel's Scandalash which is even bigger.  

As for the results, this gave my lashes tons of volume, as well as some length.  At first, I wasn't impressed, but I just kept building coats until I got the look I wanted.  I was impressed by the fact that there were no clumps whatsoever, which made it really easy to keep building.  On the negative side, it smudged under my eyes by evening.  
Here's my before and afters- 

Before:


After:



The bottom line?  This is my favorite of the Great Lash line!  I never really agreed with all those people who said regular Great Lash was the best drugstore mascara of all time, but I'm glad I gave this one a try, because it's fantastic!  Now, if they could just make it not smudge...

What have your experiences been with the Great Lash line?  Do you like it or hate it?  Which one of the three is your favorite?




6 comments

  1. I had the same experience with The original great lash, I have never understand why the hype. What's your favorite mascara? For me right now is the love alpha but due to having to order it online I'm looking for a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would wear Great Lash all the time if only they would make a better staying formula. In a short amount of time it is making a new home for itself below my eyes and any longer, I look like I was in a boxing match and lost. It's just a no for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My current favorite is actually one reviewed on THIS site and believe it is the best I've used in as long as I can remember. I'm talking about the Jordana Best Lash. It lasts, no smudging, volumizes AND lengthens and it's full price is like $2.99!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ggggg me too! Isabel, I'm in agreement with ggggg- Jordana's Best Lash is amazing, and my favorite drugstore mascara right now. I love Revlon's 3D, but Jordana is just as good, and sooo cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your lashes look 4x bigger after application! I've just converted to drugstore mascaras after buying designer ones for years (and wasting money). I am loving the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes right now. But I've been wanting to try Maybelline's Great Lash line and this post helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only recently tried out this mascara and I think it's ok for me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig