Almay Smart Shade Perfect and Correct Primer Review

I usually use L'oreal's Magic perfecting base as my main primer, but there are some days when my skin has redness in it, or it just looks blah and dull.  Almay's Perfect and Correct Primer contains green and purple shades blended together to counteract redness and brighten up dull skin tones, so I definitely wanted to try it out. 
Here's what the Almay website says about it:  
"New multi-tasking face primer intuitively adjusts to smooth and soften skin while correcting skin's most common problems with visible color correcting strands. green ribbons neutralize redness, while swirls of lavender pigments even out and brighten skin tone. imperfections are diffused and skin is up to 265% more hydrated. this lightweight, non-oily formula works for all skin types but is specifically formulated for sensitive skin. wear it alone for a flawless finish or underneath foundation for the first step to perfected skin."


Here are some swatches:



This primer has a very silky texture compared with other primers I've used.  It has a dewy finish, as opposed to a matte finish, and feels really moisturizing on the skin.  For someone like me who's dry, it feels amazing, but if you're oily, it might feel like it has too much slip for you. So does it really counteract redness?  I put it to the test...I put the primer on my left hand and compared it to my right- 
My left hand looks way smoother, more hydrated, and yes, less red!  I was really impressed that I could see an obvious difference, because I wasn't expecting to notice it that much.  
While I'm not sure if this made my foundation last any longer, I love it just for the fact that it creates a super smooth, soft, neutral base to apply my makeup to.  
Have you tried this yet?  Also, if anyone with oily skin has tried this, I'd love to hear what you thought and if it worked for you!

6 comments

  1. Wow, I can definitely tell the difference. I have a lot of pink in my skin and I think this will neutralize that really well! Thank you soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the picture and what you said about the product, but when I went and tried the sample in the store, the product smelled terrible. Does yours have a strange odor as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! OMG I can't believe I forgot to put that in my review! :) It does smell weird, like play dough or something. It's not ideal but once its dry and you put foundation on top the smell goes away. For anyone else reading this, if you can test it out in the store first, I would in case you find the smell too off-putting. Thanks Tara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this product and tried it out. It turned my face really blue! Aha! Any suggestions on how to use this product properly? I have a very pale complexion. Would that have anything to do with it? Also- I didn't notice a smell at all with mine. It is very hydrating as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put one tiny squeeze on your index finger and then distribute it to all your fingers (do a fun evil laugh position while you do it haha) then use all your fingers to "walk" all over your face until there's dots all over it. Then starting from the forehead, rub it all in in a circle motion. I have pale skin as well, but you likely just over applied. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  5. I bought this,and i love it :). Diffidently takes out the redness in my skin and makes it look better than before when i would just use lotion and than put my makeup on.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig