L'oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner Review in Gray

I've seen the new L'oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner in drugstores for a while, but I've been too intimidated by them to buy one.  Just the sheer size and chunkiness of it made me afraid of the giant smudgy mess that would become my eyelids.  
But I finally decided to go for it in Gray, which is a little less intense than black, and see what happened.  I was pleasantly surprised!


                               




When I first saw these, I thought they would be very soft and smudgy, but they're not.  They are actually a little on the stiff side, which makes them easy to control, but not so stiff that it pulls on your eyelids.  I was able to make a thin line using the point, or a thick line by using the edge. Also, this grabbed onto the skin pretty well, has great staying power, and didn't smudge underneath my eyes all over the place.  

I came across this video by Makeup By Alli, on how to get a smoky lash line with this pencil, and it really inspired me to try this eyeliner, even though I was a little afraid to.  If you get a chance, I highly recommend it! 


I think I might try this in black next!







2 comments

  1. I love the Black one on my waterline- I use it daily!! It is a very deep black, so use for bold, dramatic black waterline...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this in the grey as well. I love it. It goes on easily. It goes on so well on the waterline. I wished they would do this one in white.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig