Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Blush Review

Yesterday, I posted a review of the new Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker lip gloss in Pink, and today, I'm reviewing the PH Matchmaker blush in Natural.  I didn't get the bronzer, and definitely want to try that as well, but for now, I'm just having fun with these products and especially with the super-cool light up packaging.  





The color is a gorgeous peachy pink shade with a little bit of shimmery flecks, similar to Nars Orgasm.  The dots around the edge are basically shimmer, so if you want, you can sweep the brush over them for a bit of glow, or just use the middle for a more matte finish. 

The packaging has some cool features.  First off, there is a brush hidden in a compartment below.  This is the only thing I'm not crazy about with this product- it's a wide, flat brush, and I prefer to apply blush with a rounded blush brush.  But that's just personal preference- I would still use this brush in a pinch, and it's at least wider than many other brushes that come with blush.
The other cool feature is that this compact lights up in case you're in dim light, or in the dark- there are led lights on either side of the mirror and a little switch to turn them on and off.  Here's a picture with the lights on. They are actually very bright in the dark, but it's hard to tell that from the picture, because it's light already.
Here's a swatch of the color on my arm- this is very pigmented and you can see how dark one swipe of the finger is.  The shade is much lighter when applied with a blush brush.
  So did this change with the PH in my skin?  The answer is a little bit, but I didn't see as much change as I did with the gloss.  I applied it to my cheeks and waited the 60 seconds according to the package.  It deepened very slightly, but on me, the color was pretty true right away.  Either way, I love this blush- it's soft velvety powder glides on, and has great staying power.  Also, I just love the perfect peachy pink shade.  


As for the claim that it looks the same in every light, I would say that's true also.  I checked out my reflection in the car in the sunlight and the color looked pretty much the same as it did inside.  
Has anyone seen these out in stores yet?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Also, if anyone has tried the bronzer, please share! :)

2 comments

  1. This is such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this the other day, thanks to your review and the best thing about it, in addition to the pretty color and packaging, is that it lasts all day! For a powder blush it has amazing staying power. Like its still going strong at 9 at night!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig