NYX Highlight Eyeshadow Review

The other day, I posted a review of NYX's Hunter Green eyeshadow, which was part of my Ulta haul, and today, I wanted to show you another color I got called High Light.  This is supposed to be a highlighting shade to wear on the browbone.  


It looks really yellow in the package, but it more sheer on the skin.  This is a matte shade without sparkle, which is really nice.  A lot of highlighting shades are too shimmery. 


Here's a swatch on my arm: 


I think that this color would work best as a highlight on someone with a darker complexion with yellow undertones, as opposed to someone like me with a lot of pink in their skin.  


On the other hand, I was able to use this as a base color on my eyelid, and it actually helped to cancel out a lot of the pink, similar to the idea of Benefit's Lemon Aid, which is a yellow primer meant to neutralize the eyelid before applying shadow.  I just swept this on first, and then added my other shades over it.  


All in all, this is another hit from NYX.  For $6, their shadows can't be beat for pigmentation and wear.  

1 comment

  1. This color is so buttery and soft! I didn't think I would like a yellow eyeshadow, but I'm seriously considering getting this one. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig