Pantene Aqua Light Review

I was recently given a bottle of Pantene's new Aqua Light Shampoo and a bottle of the Conditioner to try, and since I have fine hair, I'm always excited to try products that promise to not weigh the hair down.  


According to the packaging, the Aqua Light line contains no silicone, which can coat the hair, and is also dye and paraben free.  Here are the ingredients/instruction labels: 

Shampoo:



 Conditioner:


This has the classic Pantene scent, very fresh and clean.  The shampoo lathers nicely and rinses very clean without making the hair feel too dry. 
 The conditioner is light, and not super thick, but it's not runny either- I would say it's a medium weight conditioner.  One thing I noticed when rinsing it out was that my hair didn't feel slick like it does with other conditioners, so it definitely felt like it rinsed all the way out, and it came out easily, without much effort.  

Since my hair is extremely dry and damaged, I was worried that the conditioner wouldn't be enough, especially since it washed out without leaving anything behind.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that my hair was easy to comb through and it felt way more conditioned than I thought it would.  But, when I was blow-drying, I realized that I needed a little more because my hair was looking dry.  So I added a light leave in spray, and everything was fine.  

In my opinion, I think that this will work really well for those with oily, normal and even normal to dry hair.  But for those of you that have a lot of damage due to bleaching like I do, this probably won't be enough.  
So has anyone else tried this, and if so, what did you think? 

3 comments

  1. I really need to try this! I've seen the "coming soon" commercials and I just HAD to have it! I want SWISHHy hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been leary of trying ANY Pantene shampoo/conditioner, every hair professional I've talked to says to stay away from the brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, I would listen to them. After using this for about a week, my hair broke off in one section. I'm not sure if it was the product, or heat styling, or what, but I stopped using it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig