Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation Review

I'm psyched I got to try the new Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam foundation, since I tried Revlon's version last week, and have been anxious to compare the two.  But first, here are the specifics on Dream Nude...

I bought this in Creamy Natural, which is a little dark for my skin, but blends in well.  It's also very yellow based, while I've got pink undertones, but oh well.  The package says that it's an air-infused foundation for a nude-perfect finish.  It also says to shake the product well before using, and to practice dispensing on a tissue first to practice, which is very good advice!  It comes out pretty fast, so you need to be careful not to press the pump down too hard.


This is what it looks like when it's first dispensed.  It's more liquidy than hair mousse, for example.  Right after you dispense it, it starts to liquify on contact with your skin.  

Below is what it looked like when I spread the product out a bit (didn't rub it in yet). I wanted you to be able to see the texture- it's a very thin formula, but when it comes to foundation, that's a good thing, you don't want a cake-like mask covering your face.  

However, if you're looking for a lot of coverage, you won't get it with this foundation.  It gives more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, but not too much more than that.  Also, if you have very dry skin like me, you probably won't think this is moisturizing enough, so you'd probably do better with the Dream Smooth Mousse instead.  However, if you have oily skin, you'll love the lightweight feel of this.  

Here's what my hand looked like when it was blended in.  It gives a nice soft finish, and does not contain any sparkle. It just evens out the skin nicely.  

Overall, when compared with Revlon's PhotoReady Airbrush foundation, I would say that Dream Nude has lighter coverage, while PhotoReady has medium coverage.  Both are very lightweight, however, the PhotoReady is more moisturizing.  The last point of difference is shimmer- the PhotoReady contains shimmer to give an airbrushed effect, while the Dream Nude doesn't contain shimmer at all.  
Since I've got a few fine lines here and there, and my skin is starting to dry out, the PhotoReady was a better fit for me, but I think Dream Nude Airfoam is a great product for someone with younger, normal to oily skin.  
Has anyone else tried this?  Let me know your thoughts! 
Beauty Tip: When applying foundation, I use a synthetic, flat-top brush and I buff the product into my skin in small circles.  It gives an amazingly smooth, soft finish that looks much smoother than applying with fingers.

9 comments

  1. Not sure I'm digging the watery texture. I like my foundations creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a lot of negative reviews on other sites about this product being not enough coverage, and not moisturizing, but I have normal skin with no blemishes, just a little redness and it works great for me! I think you're right to say that it can be a good product for people with skin like me who don't want or need a lot of coverage and heaviness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how it blended in with your skin, but the texture in the first photo did surprise me. I thought it was going to be pretty foamy. I had been wanting to try this, but maybe I'll hold out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey:) just wondering if its good with a flash? im thinking of using this for my prom but i dont want to look ghostly white haha:) thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey anonymous! It has SPF in it, which usually causes that white cast. For pictures, I would choose a product with no SPF like Maybelline's Dream Mousse Liquid or Cover Girl TruBlend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this stuff has horrbile coverage and it you get it in your eyes it burns like fire !! i returned mine back to the store i bought it at !!! yikes !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This product is a nightmare. The dispenser sprays droplets out in all directions and stained my brand new robe. The product itself feels like tempera paint on my face. I have slightly oily skin and it caused me to break out in 3 pimples on my cheek, one on my nose and one on my forehead. The WORST makeup I have ever has the misfortune to waste my money on. Extremely dissatisfied!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous, that's terrible! I agree with you on the packaging- the more I've used this, the more I also dislike it, because it gets everywhere and is runny. It hasn't made me break out, but I have very dry skin that hardly ever breaks out, so I'm glad to hear your thoughts since you have oily skin.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig