Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush Review- Fresh Pink

I've been dying to review the new Dream Bouncy blushes from Maybelline.  I picked one up last week in #05 Fresh Pink, and have been using it ever since.


These are different than anything I've seen in the drugstore to date.  They are not quite a cream, and not quite a powder.  They have a clay or putty-like texture, and when applied, they have a soft powdery finish.  To apply it, you have to just sweep your finger over the product and smooth it into cheeks, like you would a cream blush.

If you look closely, you can see how there are dents in the product from where I used my fingers- it almost feels like Silly Putty- it's really cool!
The colors look dark in the pot, but the effect on skin is very soft and pretty.  In fact, I tried to make a swatch on my hand, but the camera wasn't picking it up well, so I went with a picture of my cheek area to show the true effect.  It's very subtle, and doesn't dry fast like a cream blush does, so you have time to blend.  It's also build-able if you want it to be a bit darker.  It's just a very soft, natural flush.



What do you guys think of this new blush?  


Beauty Tip:  For a pretty, natural flush, apply blush to the apples of the cheeks and blend slightly upward and back toward your ear.

3 comments

  1. This blush looks really cool! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for it next time I'm at Rite Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Love to see it on your face, gives a better perspective. How good is the staying power?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isabel, the staying power isn't the best, to be honest. Cream blushes usually stay a long time on me, but this one faded quite a bit midway through the day.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig