Revlon Colorstay Creme Gel Eyeliner Review


I needed a new black eyeliner, and was in CVS yesterday (with $4 in extrabucks!), and even though I was originally looking for a regular twist-up type eyeliner, these new Colorstay Creme Gel Eyeliners  looked so interesting, I decided I had to have one. It cost around $11.

Before I even get into the product itself, I have to say how in love with the packaging I am.  This is by far, the coolest packaging ever!  The back of the package gives directions on how to use it, but I'll go through it in photos...


The brush is tucked inside the tall cylinder that has an inkwell at the bottom.  First, you pull the brush out- 


Then you flip it around and attach it to the top of the tube so it's long, like this...


Then, you unscrew the inkwell at the bottom, and viola!  You have a longer handled brush to use. 
When you're finished, the brush stores back inside the tube, upside down.  I love the fact that the brush stores with the product rather than separately. 

The brush is so soft, yet stiff enough to apply the liner easily.  It's a flat brush, so you can use the edge to dot along the lash line and make a skinny line, or you can use the flat side and make a bold, wide line. 

The gel is smooth and stays put until you take it off, and it's totally waterproof. This was so much easier to use than I thought it would be.  I was able to keep a very steady hand, but even if you can't, I find that dabbing the flat edge of the brush along the lashline is almost easier than trying to draw it with a pencil tip.  

Here are my before and afters- it gave a really nice defined smooth line.  I drew the line thin at the inside of my eye, and widened it as I went to the outer corner.  Then, I smudged the residue that was left on the brush on my lower lash line to give just a little color without being a defined line.

Before:



After:




I'm definitely going back and getting these in brown and charcoal as well!  This is one of my favorite new drugstore products right now.  What do you guys think? Do you prefer pencil liners or gels like this one? 

3 comments

  1. This looks awesome! I saw the new display of Revlon products at CVS, but I was so focused on the new foundations, primers and eyeshadow palettes I didn't even notice these. CVS is running a deal right now where if you spend I think either $10 or $11 on Revlon, you get $5 extra bucks, so I will most likely go back and get one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool, I love the packaging a lot. I'm thinking about buying this but I'm not too steady handed so gel liners scare me. But it's worth another shot if its really long lasting. Eyeliners always end up smudging under my eyes so I need something that stays put.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recently bought this product in Brown. Goes on beautifully and doesn't "drag" on the delicate skin around the eyes. Makes a thin line with the side of the brush or a thicker line with the tip. Also smudges very well if you want a smudged line. Just do it quickly after application. There is no indication on the packaging about whether or not it is safe for contact lenses so i was a little apprehensive. I wear hard contact lenses so I do not like anything that is irritating or too waxy/oily around my eyes. So far, I've had no problems. Removes easily with non-oily wipes or eye makeup remover. This is an excellent eyeliner and is good value for money as it requires no touch ups. Also stays put in hot humid weather. I will definitely be buying it again.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig