Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect Intense Serum Review


I've been hearing tons of buzz about Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect Beauty Serum's, from it being a celebrity cult favorite product, to rumors that Target can't keep it on the shelf.  So of course, I went to Target hoping I would find it.  There were very few left, but I saw a few different options: The regular version, and an Intense option.  I chose Intense, because who doesn't want more wrinkle fighting/skin perfecting power? 


There were also two different packaging options- either a pump or a tube.  I decided to go with the tube because I find them easier to use, but it's nice to have the option of being able to choose. 
I did some research into the ingredients and learned that this has some super potent wrinkle fighters in one serum.   It contains: 

Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 and Palmitoyl-Oligopeptide. When used together, they boost the growth of the connective tissues and increase the production of collagen in the skin. When the production of collagen is increased, the skin can heal and rejuvenate itself.

Lupinus Albus seed extract: This has the ability to increase the synthesis of collagen to give skin firmness and elasticity.

Sodium PCA: This is a naturally occurring humectant found in human skin derived from amino acids. Sodium PCA has high water absorbing properties, and also has the ability to absorb moisture from the air. It can also bind moisture to cells, and hold several times its weight in water.

Sodium Ascorbyl phosphate: Very stable form of Vitamin C that waits until it’s absorbed before it turns to ascorbic acid.  It may also stimulate collagen and has whitening properties to help clear up dark spots.

Galactoarabinan: Galactoarabinan is extracted from larch trees. One of its properties is that it reduces particle size, which helps ingredients disperse into the skin, and can improve the SPF properties of a product with sunscreen. Studies have shown it can minimize fine lines, perhaps because it acts as a gentle exfoliant and inhibits moisture loss.

Cyclohexasiloxane: An emollient. When applied to the skin, it gives a silky & slippery feeling to the touch and acts a mild water repellent by forming a protective barrier on the skin. It can also fill in fine lines/wrinkles, giving the face a temporary “plump” look.



Here's a shot of the packaging: 


As a serum, the texture is light, and feels velvety soft on application.  My skin was super soft and smooth immediately after use, and it helped my makeup to glide on smoothly as well, almost as if I had applied primer.  
Here's what the product looks like after it's dispensed: 
And after it's slightly rubbed in- you can see the light, yet almost balm-like texture:
After using this for about a week, I've noticed that my skin looks better- smoother, and more even toned.  I'll post a follow up after I've used it for a month to see if it's decreased my wrinkles at all.  So far, I'm really impressed by the potent ingredients, the texture/feel, and the results I'm already seeing.  
I'd love to know if any of you have tried this, or are using it, and what your thoughts are! 

4 comments

  1. The creams looks good but is it useful for sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is that its pretty gentle especially since it doesn't contain retinol. But my skin isn't super sensitive so I can't say for sure. I did check reviews on websites like makeupalley.com and Amazon.com and I didn't see a lot of people saying it caused sensitivity issues, but there were a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this in the store, and once I even read the ingredients and didn't see any I recognized,like retinol, so I wasn't sure this would work. I think it's great that you've given a description of what these unfamiliar ingredients are- it sounds like it packs a punch and I'm eager to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up this great blog and keep great information coming for new people like me.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig