Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup Review


One of my awesome readers (Thanks Steph!) sent me a photo, below, she took the other day of Revlon's new PhotoReady Mousse foundation display at Bed Bath and Beyond.  So of course, I had to go out and buy it today to review it!



The ads feature Emma Stone- I didn't even know she was a Revlon model!  It looks like in addition to the mousse foundation, they have two new primers in the same pump bottles- a color correcting one, and a perfecting one, as well as a highlighter pen.  Also included in the display were PhotoReady sculpting blush palettes.  Of course I wanted to try them all, but alas, I can't blow my budget for the month.  So, I went with the foundation, which was around $10 at Harmon (inside Bed Bath and Beyond).

  The packaging is a pump, which I prefer to a jar, and it reminds me of a mini can of hair mousse the way it comes out.  It dispenses a ball of product about the diameter of a dime with one pump.  Similar to a can of hair mousse, there is always a little bit that comes out of the pump after the fact that you have to wipe away.


The consistency of the product itself it very airy and light.  You can see the hundreds of tiny air bubbles in the picture below.  It melts right into the skin, and feels really smooth and weightless.  My skin looked airbrushed and flawless- I simply love the texture and finish on this one.  It didn't sink into fine lines either, which is an added bonus!


BUT, the only downside is that like the other PhotoReady foundations, it's got sparkle in it.  So if you're not a sparkle fan, you're probably not going to like this, at least if you're going to be out in the sunlight.  I took a picture standing under a bright light in my house (below), and it was really glittery. The picture doesn't even capture all the sparkle.

I think I'm going to save this for either the office, or for evening wear, but I'll probably go with something else if I'm going to be out in the sun all day. Overall, I really like the feel of it, and the medium coverage without being heavy is amazing!

Has anyone else tried this out yet?  Thoughts?

4 comments

  1. Thank you so much for this! You saved me $10. I love the idea, but HATE glitter. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of sparkle either but what you said about it being a more "nighttime" makeup makes sense. When you're going out, you sometimes want a lil more glow and when it's nighttime you might not notice something more subtle. I think I will purchase this product- I have regular PhotoReady but I think the mousse texture sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture and the sparkle offers a glow and depth that's great for middle age skin.

    I'm impressed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check it out in person about the glitter.. But the other aspects of it seem really nice =)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig