Cover Girl Lash Perfection Mascara Review

On my search for the next holy grail drugstore mascara, I picked Cover Girl's Lash Perfection last week, and was really excited to try it, since I'm a huge fan of their Lash Blast line.  There are a lot of good drugstore mascaras, but I have to say, Cover Girl has really been stepping up their game the past year or two.

The Details: 
  The Cover Girl Website says, "Introducing volume, individually wrapped. The lashwrap brush perfectly surrounds each lash with volumizing mascara, all the way around your eye. Up to 3X the volume*, how perfect is that! *vs bare lashes"

The brush is similar to the Lash Blast line, as it's made out of soft, flexible plastic, rather than the traditional "furry" mascara brush that feels kind of like a pipe cleaner.  I happen to love the plastic brush, because it helps to separate lashes better and cause less clumping.  One complaint I've had with the plastic brush especially on Lash Blast Fusion, is that it hurts a little when you're trying to get close to the base of lashes with it.  But the Lash Perfection brush is a little thinner and easier to manage, and even feels a little softer.

The Formula: 
 The formula is just perfect, not too wet, not too dry, very easy to build and use multiple coats.  This stuff didn't clump at all, and best of all, didn't smudge or flake by the end of the night either!  I've been using it for a week, and have gotten the same results each time.
 
 The Results:
Here's my before: 



And after:

Great volume, and my lashes look feathery rather than clumpy.  I wonder if I layer this with Lash Blast Length if I can get the best of both worlds?  I'm going to try it!!


Oh, and here's a pic I took later that night around 9pm (before and afters were taken in the morning before work).  Notice that there's no smudging or flaking, although my lashes don't look quite as voluminous as they did earlier.
What's your favorite drugstore mascara?  I'd love to hear about it!

2 comments

  1. I love your results with this. To be honest, I almost bought this the other day, then changed my mind. But I think I'm going to go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this and think it's a great everday mascara. It doesn't smudge and gives nice volume. It doesn't give enough oomph for nighttime, but I really like it otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig