Revlon Photo Ready Compact Review

The sheer uniqueness of this product made me want to buy it.  The packaging says that it's a solid compact foundation with a "liquifying screen".  

Basically, when you open the compact, there is a screen with a small sponge applicator, and when you swipe the sponge over the screen, it picks up the product.  It's very cool!  I found that there is a trick to it though- you need to swipe the sponge in a back and forth "S" motion, because if you just swipe it once, you won't pick up enough product.  
This is my compact, above, which I have used several times now.  The formula itself is nothing like the original Photo Ready foundation.  For one thing, those of you who did not like the sparkle in the other version will be very happy, because this one has none.  Also, this formula is more sheer- not nearly as heavy.  In fact, it barely feels like you are wearing anything, yet it does a nice job of covering flaws!  Below, you can see where I applied it on my hand.
I got a shade darker, so you can see it- the product is on the left.  You can see how it just makes the pores on my hand completely disappear and look totally airbrushed!  I am amazed with this foundation, and even if you didn't like the original Photo Ready, don't let that scare you from trying this one out.  
On a side note, I have very dry skin and foundations normally cake up on me, even when using a primer underneath.  But this one didn't!
What do you guys think?  Has anyone seen this out in stores or tried it yet? 

2 comments

  1. I'm happy to hear that this doesn't have the sparkle that the foundation has. That completely turned me off to it when it first came out. The photo of your hand looks like what I think "airbrushed" should look like. To me,an airbrushed finish should be achieved without an abundance of shimmer/sparkle. Looks like they did it with this product. Did you find that it settled into fine lines? Did you have to layer it alot or was this just one layer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,
    It actually didn't settle into lines at all. The product itself is very sheer, so if my skin is behaving, I usually put one layer on, which is enough to cover just basic flaws like a little redness, but for dark circles/shadows or blemishes, I need to layer it up a little more.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig