Flower Beauty Shimmer & Strobe Highlighting Palette Review

  flower beauty shimmer and strobe highlighting palette
I've been a fan of Drew Barrymore's makeup line Flower Beauty for a while now, but the new Spring 2017 collection has taken me straight from like to looove in one fell swoop. They are stepping up their game in a major way and kudos to Drew for creating affordable makeup that performs like high-end! I recently reviewed the new Flower Pots blushes (see that post here) so today I wanted to talk about the new Shimmer & Strobe Highlighting Palette ($12.98). It's an amazing quality palette at such an inexpensive price.

Let's take a look!


Description/Details:
Shine on, Flower Girl! Master strobing, the new face sculpting technique, with our Shimmer & Strobe Highlighting Palette. Dab on the soft, shimmery shades, and sculpt your face with light for a refined, natural-looking glow. The soft-focus, silky powders deliver a multi-dimensional radiance for a luminous complexion. Our three universal strobing shades are ideal to make any skin tone beam with radiance. 

Made in Canada, Cruelty-Free

Where to Buy: Select Walmart stores and Flowerbeauty.com

Price: $12.98
  flower highlight palette review
Packaging:
The Shimmer & Strobe Highlighting Palette comes in a sleek white compact with rose gold accents. Inside, there are three large pans of highlighter and a small flat highlighting brush. I absolutely love the brush...it's really high-quality, especially for a brush that's included in a drugstore palette. Most of the time I just throw them away but I actually use this one to apply the highlighter and it works great. The bristles are very soft and the shape is perfect for dusting the powder along your cheekbones.
              flower beauty highlighting palette
Formula/Swatches: 
The three shades in this palette are supposed to be universal to all skin tones (based on the description on the packaging) and I can definitely see that being true for the most part. I have really light skin so it's usually difficult to find highlighters that are light enough to show up...but these are all gorgeous!

The powder is so super soft and silky and so finely milled that you don't see any sparkle or chunky glitter...they're some of the smoothest highlighters I've ever used (at any price point!). They're easy to pick up with a brush and show up intensely on the skin at first swipe.

My swatches are below, but if you'd like to see them in action, check out my video on Instagram here...you can see that I don't have to swirl my finger around in the pan, just swipe once and it picks up a ton of pigment. There is definitely fallout as is the case with powders that are this soft but I don't mind at all to get this kind of color payoff!      
               flower highlighting palette swatches
Here I am wearing the first shade in the palette (the beige champagne color). It's always difficult to get highlighter to show up on my skin in person, but in photos it's even harder! The fact that this shows up in a photo at all tells you that it looks much brighter in person.
                      

                      
Final Thoughts:
Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to pick this one up! It's a gorgeous palette that could easily cost a few times more than what they're charging. It's definitely going to be a go-to palette for me!

Available now at FlowerBeauty.com

For more, please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

Disclosure: Purchased by Me.

6 comments

  1. Eeep! This looks amazing! I am so going to Walmart after work today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow they really have stepped it up a notch. I wish they were sold somewhere other than Walmart though :/ By the way you are gorgeous, such a natural beauty. I never usually comment but I'm always happy to see a fresh face without gobs of caked on makeup, it's refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on your Instagram and ran out to buy it the next day. It is the creamiest, brightest highlighter ever and I'm so happy I got one because it was the last one on the shelf. I plan to go back and get the contour palettes with the blush, bronzer and highlight in them. Will you be reviewing those as well? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post! I'm super interested to try out products from this line because i've haven't heard many great things up until now

    erinkanee.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this palette in Walmart the other day and was considering picking it up. Now I know I have to! Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does it have talc listed in the ingredients?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig