My Favorite Winter Mask (and it's really affordable!)

skinfood black sugar honey mask review

I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record but Skinfood is one of my absolute favorite skincare brands...they're effective and affordable which is an unbeatable combination. Today I wanted to share my favorite Winter mask/scrub with you, the Black Sugar Honey Mask ($11.50). I use the original Black Sugar Mask in the Spring and Summer but when the weather gets cold and my skin gets dry I switch to this one because it adds a boost of moisture to my skin while removing dry patches and refining texture.

I picked mine up on the Skinfood website but I just noticed that Ulta recently started carrying it as well!

Let's take a look!

Description: 
SKINFOOD's wash off mask featuring organic Black Sugar granules for exfoliation and rich Manuka honey that softens skin for a clean, smooth complexion. Black Sugar is enriched with vitamins and minerals to hydrate and nourish skin.
skinfood black sugar honey mask scrub

Features: 
Like the original Black Sugar Mask, this one comes housed in a 3.52 oz. frosted plastic jar with a screw-top lid. Inside, the formula contains organic black sugar granules and Manuka honey as well as Macadamia and Meadowfoam seed oils.

I know it doesn't look very pretty in the container but it's amazing for normal to dry skin. The black sugar grains exfoliate my skin really well, leaving it feeling super smooth and soft, smoothing out dry patches and rough texture. It's not quite as gritty as the original Black Sugar Mask, but that's fine because when my skin is all dried out from the cold weather I don't really want to be scrubbing it too harshly anyway.

When the mask first arrives, sometimes there's a layer of oils sitting on top and it needs to be mixed. I mixed mine with a spatula the first day it arrived (which was three weeks ago) and it's stayed mixed ever since.
skinfood black sugar honey
It has the yummiest honey scent, and not an artificial one either! It smells like real honey and has a similar texture (though it doesn't make your skin feel sticky). I like to apply a layer to my face right before getting into the shower, and leave it on until I'm just about ready to get out. Then I massage the grains into my skin and give it a good scrub before finally rinsing it off. Afterward, my skin feels hydrated, smooth, and perfectly prepped for skincare. Exfoliation before your skincare routine is key if you have dry skin because that dry, dead layer will cause the products to just sit on top rather than penetrate down where you want them to go. 

skinfood black sugar mask ulta
Final Thoughts: 
If you're looking for a fantastic scrub/mask combo at a great price, I highly recommend checking out the Skinfood Black Sugar Honey Mask. You're getting high-quality ingredients and amazing results at drugstore prices and you won't find anything else like it at this price point. It reminds me of some higher-end scrubs and masks that cost three or four times the price, so for me it's a no-brainer.

Grab one now at Ulta.com (or if you don't need the moisture but want a little more grit, check out the original Black Sugar Mask...it's holy grail for me).

For more, please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

9 comments

  1. I bought the regular Black Sugar scrub when you recommended it back over the summer and it is also HG for me now. I'm already on my 2nd jar! This one looks really interesting with the honey, I will be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm SO glad you like the original...it's so amazing! :) If you like that one, I think you'll like this one too, it's very similar but the honey is great if your skin is feeling dry.

      Delete
  2. this mask sounds amazing. Need to try!
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming here to say I love your blog! You have turned me on to so many amazing products I never hear about anyplace else. I can't wait to try this mask it sounds so good and the price-wow! My skin is very dry and flaky at the moment and I hope this helps my foundation to go on smoother. I just hate when it gets caught in all those little flakes on my nose and forehead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thank you so much...that makes my day to hear you say that! :) And yes, I'm all-too-familiar with those dreaded flakes...horrible aren't they? This helps keep them at bay for sure.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of this product/brand but it looks and sounds amazing!! I hope I can get hold of it in the uk! Great post! :)

    Neelam | www.neelamjayna.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great brand and I never see people talking about it! It's a Korean skincare brand that's been around since the 1950's I believe, but just started selling in other countries due to the popularity of Korean skincare now. I used to order their products on Amazon straight from Korea, so maybe that's an option for you if they don't have a UK site?

      Delete
  5. This sounds amazing and I love the packaging. Sophie x

    sophiehmstewart.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig