Too Faced Papa Don't Peach Blush Review

too faced papa don't peach blush review
Too Faced Papa Don't Peach Blush ($30) launched last week along with the rest of the Sweet Peach Collection and being the blush hoarder I am, how could I say no? It's cute, it smells like peaches, and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite blush shades of all time. 

Let's take a look! 
Description:
Sweet Peach Papa Don't Peach Blush's sweet peachy-bronze hue imparts fresh, youthful-looking radiance to cheeks for a touch of summertime warmth. Infused with the essence of peach, this blush smells like peaches, and its rich, pigmented shade provides buildable payoff. Wearable and flattering on any skintone, it leaves a gilded, pink-pearl, brightening finish.  

Made in U.S.A.

Available at: 
Will be in stores on January 6th

too faced papa don't peach
Packaging: 
Papa Don't Peach comes in an adorable tin compact that looks like a miniature version of the Sweet Peach Palette. It includes a mirror and a generously sized blush inside (.32 oz.).  

Price comparison to blushes from similar mid-range brands: 
So overall, Papa Don't Peach is slightly larger than a Tarte blush and double the size of a Nars or Benefit blush at a similar price point, making it the best value of the four.


papa don't peach review
Shade: 
Papa Don't Peach is described as a warm peachy bronze. I remember reading that Too Faced creator Jerrod Blandino got the inspiration for the shade when he was having dinner in Paris. He ordered a Peach Trifle dessert that featured peaches roasted over an open flame and he loved the color they became as they caramelized. 
It does have a little bit of shimmer to it, but it's very finely milled and not what I would consider glittery or sparkly. It doesn't seem to draw attention to the texture in my face or highlight pores at all. It's a gorgeous warm color...the perfect balance between peach and bronze and as you'll see in my comparison swatches below, I don't own anything quite like it! 
too faced papa don't peach
Formula: 
This blush is a very soft powder that's easy to pick up and is nicely pigmented. I find that I don't need to use much at all to get it to show up on my cheeks, but I'm also fair skinned. It does kick up some powder as you swirl your brush around in it due to its soft texture.
too faced papa don't peach blush swatches
Comparison Swatches:
I've been getting a lot of questions on social media from those who are wondering if the blush in the Peach Glow palette is the same as Papa Don't Peach because if so, there's no need to get them both. 
After swatching them side-by-side, I can finally verify that they are different shades. Papa Don't Peach is a shimmery bronzy-peach while the blush in the Peach Glow palette is more of a coral-peach with a satin finish (not as shimmery). The formulas are also completely different...the Peach Glow palette is much denser and doesn't kick up any powder. It's also more difficult to pick up with a brush and goes on sheerer than Papa Don't Peach. For the swatches below, I had to build up the Peach Glow shade a bit to get it to show up with the same intensity as Papa Don't Peach (I swatched it twice).

I also wanted to swatch Papa Don't Peach next to some of my other peachy blushes to see if I could find a dupe. Milani's Luminoso comes pretty close, but doesn't have as much bronze in it (or as much shimmer). Soap & Glory's Peach Party might come the closest, but is slightly more bronze (and has a little more shimmer).

Final Thoughts:
Papa Don't Peach is a gorgeous addition to my blush collection and I have no regrets about purchasing it. It is a bit pricey for a single blush, but is actually a better deal than other blushes in the mid-range market given its size. 
What do you think about Papa Don't Peach? Do you own it? Or are you planning to buy it? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! :) 

Available now at Sephora.com, TooFaced.com, Macys.com, Ulta.com, and HSN.com. and in stores on January 6th. 



For more, please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

13 comments

  1. Loving this colour! This tends to be my go-to blush shade, thank you for the comparisons as well. Stunning post Jenna x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This is totally my go-to blush shade as well...anything peachy pink speaks to me. :)

      Delete
  2. I really didn't think I needed this but You just talked me into it. Now I'm going to go grab one before they sell out, they're already gone at Ulta and HSN, fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such a detailed post! I especially like the price comparisons- who knew that a Nars blush was actually that small? Also thank you for all of the swatches. I really appreciate the time you took to do that. I have a lot of the same blushes and it's nice to know that this one is different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're very welcome! :) And yes, when I first saw that this blush was $30, I was like, "what? That's crazy!" Then I remembered that Nars, Tarte, Benefit, and many others charge a very similar price and it made me wonder if you're getting the same amount for the money with all of the other brands.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the swatches! Since I already own Milano Luminoso (and Tarte's Peach Bronzer/blush), I will pass on this one. It's too similar to justify the $30, despite how pretty it is. Thanks for saving me some money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very similar to those and on the cheeks there's probably even less of a difference. :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like Benefit's Rockateur. Do you have that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing at first and that's actually one of the shades I compared it to first. But as it turns out, Rockateur looks really pink next to this one...it wasn't even close so that's why I didn't include it in the comparison swatches. It's weird, because I could have sworn it was very similar to this one. :)

      Delete
  6. thanks so much for such great review! I have been sitting on the fence about this one thinking it may be too similar to the Benefit Coralista but thanks to your swatches, I now know Papa Don't Peach is slightly warmer. I may have to go get it now :)

    shoppingobsessionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I wanted to ask how similar this is to TheBalm Hot Mama? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! How similar is this to TheBalm's Hot Mama blush? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig